Cabelas waders

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
cmj84
Regular

Cabelas waders

Postby cmj84 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:59 am

I'm looking into buying my wife some of the cabelas waders. Any good news on them or witch model to buy I would rather get a 5mil if they have a good pair an I have also here they have a lifetime warentee on them any truth to that?
medic11
Veteran

Re: Cabelas waders

Postby medic11 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:34 am

Lightmag or supermag are both great. Yes all cabelas waders carry a lifetime warranty. Leaks, tears, rips are returnable. I took my lightmags out yesterday and filled them up with water to check leaks. 2 seasons on them and they're good to go.
Freedom Hunters
http://www.freedomhunters.org

Maple Ridge's Flyboy Buzz Lightyear "Buzz"

War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.
Bill Collector
Duck South Addict

Postby Bill Collector » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:51 am

I had my Cabela's waders probably 7 years when the rear end ripped. I took them back to Cabela's and no questions asked, I walked out with a new pair. I have the 1600 gram thinsulate and love them.
Rule # 1. No Fat Chicks
Rule # 2. Eager Beats Pretty
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:22 am

Even if other brands are "cooler," have "more features," are more "technical," or "tactical," or "strip the wad to improve your patterns (whatever the hell that means)," you still don't get the warranty you get with Cabelas. Just sayin. :mrgreen:
So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:42 am

Hard to beat the supermags and impossible to beat the warranty
jmh600
Veteran

Postby jmh600 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:47 pm

Got my first pair of light mags for Christmas in 2008 and now I'm on my third pair... For free.. The boots are pretty big and can be difficult to walk any long distance in but that's about true for any wader. The lifetime warranty can't be beat
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:12 pm

The very first time I wore my cabelas waders I ran a stick through them right above the boot. Even though the leak was in no part due to a defect in the waders and was 100% my fault, cabelas sent me a new pair.

On a side note, has anyone tried Rocky's new offering in the wader department? I had a pair of Rocky's 15 years or so ago and they lasted close to 10 years. Best waders I ever had. However, I have been disappointed with the last couple of pair of Rocky boots I've owned.
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw
donia
Duck South Addict

Cabelas waders

Postby donia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:26 pm

i tried the new rocky wader and was disappointed for a $360 wader. leaked in the thigh, but the seam weld was visibly flawed (and i know what to look for now)...if you try them, make sure you try them on. the boot runs small.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”