Season ending injury courtesy of the Air Force...

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Barq's
Veteran

Season ending injury courtesy of the Air Force...

Postby Barq's » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:31 am

Well....an injury sustained while overseas in the desert back in July just robbed me of duck season. After hurting myself while fixing equipment I tore some tendons and my bicep....A five minute doctor visit got me a weekly pass to the physical therapist, even though I told them that I had a prior shoulder surgery and that I was having a lot of similar pain....No x-rays....no mri....no nothing until the last couple of weeks. Finally got to the surgeon yesterday to find out that since the injury was so old now, that my muscle had degenerated down about 50% and that I should expect more pain and a longer recovery time due to care not being rendered in a timely manner.

So, to add insult to injury, the first available open surgery date is November the 25th. I had high hopes of getting my 9 year old on some good hunts this year and it was hard to tell him that our season was over before it began.

I'm sick to my stomach but told the doc that if he had a cancellation that I would be there within 24hours. I tried to get him to release me to an outside doctor but he said that was out of the question due to all of the cut-backs. I was also told that since this shoulder will have been operated on twice that I could expect to have a shoulder replacement if this surgery fails in the future which will be the end of my military career....

Oh well....always next year...
Barq's
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Re: Season ending injury courtesy of the Air Force...

Postby SWAG » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:06 am

Dang that is some bad luck.
Are we gonna get wet?
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:13 pm

I would be more than willing to have your son come hunt some time this season with you tagging along. It's all about the kids and that boy is owed a hunt or two.
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
Barq's
Veteran

Postby Barq's » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:27 pm

He lost me to the desert the last 2 summers and that's all he has been asking about. I appreciate the offer and will keep you in mind. My best hunting buddy asked me if I could at least wear a gopro on my head and film him....summmaammmaa....

Looks like I may be able to handle a boat ride by January if I am lucky....most definitely won't be swinging a shotgun till spring
barq's
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:09 pm

We have a 4wheeler or rhino ride to the blind. As mentioned, y'all are welcome and thanks for your service
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
Up2Early
Veteran

Postby Up2Early » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:34 pm

SHR Up2Early's Delta Dawn

Check out my lanyards: http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=32696&id=1348690753
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:57 pm

Me too...weekdays though
Barq's
Veteran

Postby Barq's » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:35 am

Thank you guys. ...
medic11
Veteran

Postby medic11 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:07 pm

Day yum that's a heck of a paper cut for you fly boys deployed to Qatar or Kuwait. I hate it for you man, you got my number I'll carry him to missouri this year if you want to go
Freedom Hunters
http://www.freedomhunters.org

Maple Ridge's Flyboy Buzz Lightyear "Buzz"

War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.
Barq's
Veteran

Postby Barq's » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:50 pm

Thanks Eric....i appreciate you hoss

Return to “General Discussion Forum”