Mud motor question

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Duck$$$
Veteran

Mud motor question

Postby Duck$$$ » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:25 am

I recently bought a piece of property with 150 ac swamp\flooded grass. A regular outboard will not work. The water is 2-5 foot deep in most places. I've never owned or operated a mud motor. I have a 16' boat and wondered what size I need to push it carrying 3-4 people and decoys plus dog. Not looking for speed since such a small area. What you think ?
Blake Williamson
Duck South Addict
Location: Probably on the Pearl River setting at the cabin with a beer in hand with Ol'Jake beside me.

Re: Mud motor question

Postby Blake Williamson » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:17 am

Get you a LT 13-16hp you should be good with 3-4 ppl....Not going to run no race but push you pretty good.
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
Blake Williamson
Duck South Addict
Location: Probably on the Pearl River setting at the cabin with a beer in hand with Ol'Jake beside me.

Postby Blake Williamson » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:19 am

And if you want one I know where a brand new a guy is looking at selling that has less then 10 hrs on it just got in a lease and called me the other day wanting to try and sell it.
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
Duck$$$
Veteran

Postby Duck$$$ » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:25 am

PM me his info please
HardCashBrake
Regular

Postby HardCashBrake » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:15 am

Get a copperhead mud motor. I got one last year and mine performed well.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." ~ Aldo Leopold

Return to “General Discussion Forum”