What type of ebook

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
bustercat64
Veteran

What type of ebook

Postby bustercat64 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:00 pm

I lost mine a couple of weeks ago and was wondering which one to go back with. I had the old style kindle and I used it all the time in the deerstand.
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Re: What type of ebook

Postby msudawg8087 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:43 pm

Not sure if you are looking for one that has internet capabilities or not but I bought my wife one a few months back. It is the Kindle Paperwhite I believe. Her model can't access the internet but she absolutely loves it and says its perfect for someone who only uses it for books. Can go up to a couple of weeks on a charge. Looked at the internet models in the Kindle line but figured we had that covered with iPhones and a laptop.
SHERMANATOR
mlj300
Veteran

Postby mlj300 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:49 pm

I have the kindle paper white and i love it. It is the 3g model so i can download content anywhere with or without wifi. The 3g service is free with kindle. It actually reads like paper so it isnt hard on your eyes and its as easy to read in full sun as it is in the dark. The battery last for weeks even with heavy reading. All this being said the paper white is basically an electronic book with very little web capability.
Only Those Born & Raised in Nort East Mississippi Will Know Exactly What i MeanTo Those Set Adrift Amidst BrokeDick Rednecks,Radical Pentecostalism,Moonshine Bootleggers and PusserMania,There are Two Kings to Choose From-Elvis or Jesus.
-Jimbo Mathus
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:41 pm

With tablets being the way they are now, why don't you just get one of those? Heck, even my G3 came with a Kindle ap and it's not too small to read.
Nobody owes you anything.
bustercat64
Veteran

Postby bustercat64 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:10 pm

Thanks I have been looking at paper white kindle should be getting one pretty soon. I have the app on my Iphone but I just don't like reading off the phone for some reason. I am really interested in the 3G if I understand it is free and can be used anywhere there is phone service.

Wade
mlj300
Veteran

Postby mlj300 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:07 pm

Only Those Born & Raised in Nort East Mississippi Will Know Exactly What i MeanTo Those Set Adrift Amidst BrokeDick Rednecks,Radical Pentecostalism,Moonshine Bootleggers and PusserMania,There are Two Kings to Choose From-Elvis or Jesus.
-Jimbo Mathus
MrGoodtime
Veteran

Postby MrGoodtime » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:52 pm

Just bought the Samsung galaxy tab 4 , it's awesome.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”