Electric Pressure Washers

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Electric Pressure Washers

Postby jdbuckshot » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:01 am

Anybody have one?

My pops has always had a Gas 2500-3000 psi washer - I'm about to buy one for the house - they are super handy.

I'm really wanting to go electric - I just don't want another gas motor to tend to - already got to way to many to work on.

looking at this one from northen tool -

any input ??

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/ ... _200350515
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
stang67
Duck South Addict

Re: Electric Pressure Washers

Postby stang67 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:07 pm

I've only used a gas model, and it has a higher capacity pump than most residential models. I still wish it was a little stouter at times. I gotta believe the electric one is only good for washing cars and cleaning gutters. I could be wrong, though. If you're cleaning concrete you have to get one of the disc type wand attachments, and I doubt the electric has the capacity to run one.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Something about 110v and H2O doesnt sit well with me........
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Postby jdbuckshot » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:23 pm

"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:52 pm

My mom has bought one or two of these. They always seem cheap and never lasted long.
Personally, I wouldn't get an electric. It's not the water and electricity thing, more like your going to get better pressure more longevity out of a gas motor.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
yourmanwm75
Veteran

Postby yourmanwm75 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:29 pm

My company bought several they all sucked. Real cheap made and low pressure. I good brass nozzle on a water hose did better. And I know they paid pretty good money for them. Then we switched to buying gas ones with Honda engines.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:11 pm

They are fine for small jobs but definately not the pressure of gas versions. I have had one for 2 years and only use it for skull mount duties because the lower psi works great and doesn't destroy the bones etc.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:04 pm

The guy up the street used one on his driveway once or twice. I felt sorry for him.

If you're cleaning pavement, this is a must-have... http://www.homedepot.com/p/EZClean-15-i ... c1Z1z10qvc

Return to “General Discussion Forum”