EBT card and Chick-Fil-A

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Re: EBT card and Chick-Fil-A

Postby Blackduck » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:59 pm

I bought a case of steel shot with my card.
No, i don't want to know you ---- teul

hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:24 pm

eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:06 pm

So apparently there are (or used to be) specific guidelines on types of food these cards can be used on.
maybe it's changed now, but at one time you could not purchase "hot food" with the card so this one particular store in the delta figured out a loophole. They would put the hot fried chicken in a "snack box" then put the snack box in a cooler. Sell it as cold food paid for with ebt card. Once they paid (we paid), they would put the snack box in the microwave. genius!
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
slayem
Veteran

Postby slayem » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:34 pm

SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:47 pm

edub20- I searched the MS locations in the link you provided and could not find the Brandon Chick-fil-A on it. When I was standing in line and saw his card I thought it was an EBT card. I used Google images when I got home last night to search for "MS ebt card" and a pic of the card he was holding came up in my search. It would make me feel better to know there were some restrictions on how and where the card could be used. I'm gonna have to go back to the Chick-fil-a and order my chicken sandwich with extra pickle and ask them if they take an ebt card when they tell me my total.
Scott Baker
D1
Duck South Addict

Postby D1 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:37 pm

I see 5 buggies full for $100.00 then putting them in 2014 escaldes then drive to the local project where power water and cable is paid for.

BTW Mrs. Obama is says we should buy and eat HEALTHY foods, not snack/junk foods, I do all I can do to pay for these items we should be eating, while the non swimmers are buying(getting for free) the junk/snack foods that she says we shouldnt eat. :? cant figure that out......

besides the prepared/boxed foods the gubment says is bad for us because of the preservatives in them.....who says the need these preservatives..... yep the gubment

ok rant over thanks
Thanks
Bruce

dogs are only as good as their trainers,and trainers are only as good as their dogs

Romans 14:11
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:44 am

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
BAY KINGFISHER
Duck South Addict

Postby BAY KINGFISHER » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:00 am

Yall may be seeing cards that are debit cards for child support, TANF, Foster Parents, called Mississippi EPPICard..all supported by MDHS but not for food like the EBT (Eat better tonight cards).
HRCH Mr. Buck's Delta Do "Dee" MH
Coach
Veteran

Postby Coach » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:10 am

Get This,,,, I was behind one the other day in wal mart she had 5 packs of cookies... She paid for each pack of cookies separate and then got $100 cash back on each transaction!!!!!!!! She walked outa there with five $100 dollar bills....... I had to bite my FREAKING tongue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”