EBT card and Chick-Fil-A

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
SB
Duck South Addict

EBT card and Chick-Fil-A

Postby SB » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:18 pm

I guess it could be any restaurant of your choice, but I was just in Chick-Fil-A with the kids this evening and the teenager in front of me was paying for their meal with a Mississippi EBT card. I did not know but would not have thought the EBT card could be used at a restaurant. I've seen them used at the tote some store buying junk food, and that disappointed me but using it at a restaurant..... I look at eating at a restaurant as a luxury. When my funds get low I don't eat out. It looks like I paid for my meal tonight plus the teenager's meal too, plus all of ya'll contributed to paying for his meal too.

I looked up the MS EBT card on web. It didn't mention using it at restaurants, but it did mention purchasing "groceries". When I think of buying groceries I think of buying raw, un-cooked food items from the grocery store, not buying a prepared meal from a restaurant.

It is not the teenager's fault. It is a pretty sweet deal for him.
Scott Baker
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Re: EBT card and Chick-Fil-A

Postby dukhntn » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:41 pm

If it were up to me there would be no EBT cards. If someone needed it, they could drive down to a distribution center and pick up their monthly ration of rice and beans. Also, women of child bearing age would not be allowed to be covered by Medicaid unless they come down to the health department every 3 months and get their depo-provera shot. If you can't afford healthcare for yourself you dang sure can't afford it for a kid. I've been told more than once that I'm insensitive though, so take the above with a grain of salt.
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:43 pm

Scot I see that all the time over here.
Peewee
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:50 am

It really ticked me off when I saw an non swimmer with a grocery cart loaded with sodas and food that should of been over $200 or any of us. She paid 5.83 for all of it. Just looked at her in disgust.

She weighed about 250, for what it's worth.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Postby jdbuckshot » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:19 am

Was in Dollar General and had a guy in front of me buy a bag of cheeto Puffs - bag of pretzels and a big Mt. dew and paid with an EBT - ridiculous
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
Blake Williamson
Duck South Addict
Location: Probably on the Pearl River setting at the cabin with a beer in hand with Ol'Jake beside me.

Postby Blake Williamson » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:49 am

Yeah we go to the grocery store spend $150-$200 walk out with nothing and mad as hell.....They walk out with 2 buggies loaded to the gills and not worried about a dam thing....
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
ccope
Veteran

Postby ccope » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:58 am

Saw guy I went to high school with post on facebook with the title "guess what day it is" with a picture of a huge pile of fresh shrimp, steaks and burgers. In the comments section he was bragging about it being food stamp day. There were probably ~15 people talking about what they got with their food stamps that day. Made me sick. I scrolled through his other pictures and of course he has enough money to booze it up and go the "club".
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:48 am

Lines 12-14 non swimmers deep every morning at double quick.

Two jungle juices, laffy taffy, a kool aid pickle and a couple of bags of chips for the school day and a pizza stick for breakfast all paid for with the ebt card.

Groceries are groceries.

I was in line at Kroger in cleveland when I was in college. I had my ramen noodles, totino's pizza, and the other cheapest things I could find so I would have something for the week while the 270lb non swimmer woman in front of me had a huge bag of frozen raw shrimp. I ask her if she was gonna boil them, she said naw, i dont eat them thangs, I is gonna use them for catfish bait.
There will be a day....
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:03 am

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
arduckslayer
Duck South Addict

Postby arduckslayer » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:21 am

SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:28 am

edub20 - Did you see the guy with the movie star good looks in the MDWFP uniform? That would have been me.
Scott Baker
COONDOG
Veteran

Postby COONDOG » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:41 am

I was behind a ninja the other day in double quick that bought a pack of sunflower seeds with her ebt card.
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:46 am

I saw a guy in a Drake shirt but don't remember seeing a MDWFP uniform. I would have been the guy in gym clothes, with camo hat that looked wore out and tired from cat wrangling the u-6 boys soccer practice I just left.

was the kid thuggy looking? I was in there about 7ish-7:30.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:14 am

I was there between 6:00 and 6:30. The teenager looked clean cut. Must have been different EBT card users there throughout the day at the Brandon Chick-fil-A.
Scott Baker
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:31 am

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/retailerlocator

apparently it can't be used anywhere but places defined there.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Return to “General Discussion Forum”