OCR violating rights in Vicksburg

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Re: OCR violating rights in Vicksburg

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:16 am

Well after some digging and talking to School Asst Sup..i have found out that the kids that were to have one on one questions had a consent note go home to be signed or refused..the others were brought in in peers groups and from what I have heard they were separated blacks and whites.. These kids don't see color they see kids trying there best to learn or kids that are just trouble makers.... this is legal from what I have found out...I do know that if I had known about this up front, legal or not, my child would not as been in a group..one thing I did hear that was promising was some of the answers and questions the kids had for the OCR ,which I cant give details but they were good.....the biggest deal I have with this is all the data that the OCR was here to investigate was from 2005-2009..what the hell do the kids know from that time period ...nothing.....I am sure that the OCR will find something which will be minor but they cant justify the investigation if they don't....just pisses me off along with a bunch of other parents
My name is Rick Daughtry.......

Well, I had a lot of money, but to the city went
I met too many good looking girls and that's where my money went
Yeah I know just where it went
No I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:36 am

To make matters worse I have a good friend that is a teacher in VWSD that recently had a complaint filed against her because she wouldn't change a students grade. Mother accused her of being racist.
Peewee
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:58 am

Good for her ..grades shouldn't be changed ...earn what ya earn
My name is Rick Daughtry.......

Well, I had a lot of money, but to the city went
I met too many good looking girls and that's where my money went
Yeah I know just where it went
No I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:22 pm

In some areas, it's a shame but Private School is the only answer...Vicksburg is just about at that place..

It wasn't that way when I went to school there, but that has been years and years ago, but even then i could see it coming

Return to “General Discussion Forum”