Need a milk producing momma dog!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
minor

Need a milk producing momma dog!

Postby minor » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:46 am

My yellow lab had a litter of six Saturday night and she isn't producing much milk at all. Im looking for anyone who may have a female who may have just weened her litter. I'm located in Mccomb, MS. Please call me at 601-248-7050 if you might have any leads. Thanks guys!
Blake Williamson
Duck South Addict
Location: Probably on the Pearl River setting at the cabin with a beer in hand with Ol'Jake beside me.

Re: Need a milk producing momma dog!

Postby Blake Williamson » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:50 am

I got one here in Louisville. 662-803-6746
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
minor

Postby minor » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:08 pm

I tried calling you but never could get you.
Back!
Regular

Postby Back! » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:50 pm

Hopefully in your dog's 7th week of pregnancy you switched her to puppy food. This helps them produce more milk. I didn't think my dog had much milk and my vet said she had plenty. The pups nurse often but don't really take that much in. I kept my female on puppy food until I weaned the pups. Also my dog went from 2 1/3 cups of adult food to 7 1/2 cups of puppy food a day. Your female will also drink a lot of water. Goats milk sold in cans at Walmart or grocery store is a great supplement. Mix 1 part h2o to 3 parts goats milk. Baby bottles work better than the puppy bottles. Six puppies isn't that big a litter, so your dog might do fine. If the puppies are whining a lot they probably aren't getting enough. Good luck and it is a great experience.
HRCH Topbrass' Bundle of Joy MH - 'B.J.'
"That's a lotta dog in a little dog" - [Freddy McCrory]
minor

Postby minor » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:06 am

Thanks for the info. She seems to be producing enough milk now. It just took her a few days to really start producing. I have been feeding her puppy food most of her pregnancy and you are right, her appetite has gone through the roof! Thanks again for the help guys!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”