iscope (for youths)

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jtdumallard
Duck South Addict

iscope (for youths)

Postby jtdumallard » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:26 pm

Thinking of getting one to go on little dudes gun this year to help him find deer better in the scope. Have a cousin that used it last year for his son and was able to capture his sons first kill using it recording on his iphone.
http://www.iscope.com/
"I've gotta run, my unicorn is double parked." Gator
bulldog ducker
Duck South Addict

Re: iscope (for youths)

Postby bulldog ducker » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:13 pm

I don't think I would use it... That's not to say you shouldn't by any means. I have 2 little boys and I don't plan to take them with the intent of them shooting until they are comfortable with the weapon that they will be shooting (scope or not). I plan on letting them shoot the same gun (3030 marlin) that I shot my first deer with with open sights. I dont have to worry about them finding the deer in the scope or getting hit by it either. Seems like you would have to shoot with your head straight up to be able to aim with that on the end of the scope. I do like the idea of getting the event on camera though.

Hope that didn't come off the wrong way. Just explaining why I wouldn't use it.
HR Dutch Charles Sampson Bearden ( Charlie)
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:20 pm

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
kb7722
Veteran

Postby kb7722 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:00 am

It is kind of neat, but I think it takes away from the tradition of hunting and makes it more like a video game. To me the outdoors is more about getting away from iphones and technology. But to each his own.
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:06 am

I think it has it's place as a teaching tool. I remember trying to teach my son at 5 how to look through a scope and line it up to the point of drawing a deer and drawing the crosshairs on him. It would have been much easier to show him through this.
Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net

Return to “General Discussion Forum”