any experience with steel seal or bluedevil

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
gps4
Veteran

any experience with steel seal or bluedevil

Postby gps4 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:36 am

i have an 81 cj7 with 258 i6 engine. i recently noticed a small coolant leak running down the block from behind the first port on the exhaust manifold and suspect an external leak in the head gasket. i have not noticed any smoking from the exhaust pipe or any water in the oil on the dipstick.

i also have a leaking valve cover gasket that i will need to replace, but am anxious about removing the head and its internal components to change the head gasket.

i'd prefer not to remove the head and replace the head gasket until absolutely necessary and have seen several videos about steel seal and bluedevil brand permanent head gasket sealers.

does anyone have any experience with either of these products, and if so, any thoughts as to their effectiveness?

thanks in advance.
blkdout
Veteran

Re: any experience with steel seal or bluedevil

Postby blkdout » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:09 am

No experience but read several reviews when I had a leaking radiator. After reading I wouldn't put anything like that in my vehicles most said it did more harm in the long run. May want to go over to cmsja.org and ask those guys they may can shed some light on it for you.
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Re: any experience with steel seal or bluedevil

Postby RedEyed Duck » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:27 am

Blue devil will fix mild to moderate problems. It's not a miracle fix for any size-able problem. It can cause premature failure in other components on down the line. I wouldn't use it in a personal vehicle, unless I was a long way from home and couldn't complete the repairs myself (I.e. Having to pay another repair shop big money to fix).

Sent from the middle of no where and the state of confusion.
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”