Yildiz Shotguns

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
southernvaughan
Duck South Addict

Yildiz Shotguns

Postby southernvaughan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:39 pm

Anyone have experience with them? Sharp looking guns but don't know much about them. My wife is wanting an automatic shotgun so I've been looking around and stumbled up on these.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Re: Yildiz Shotguns

Postby lilwhitelie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:52 pm

[quote="southernvaughan"]Anyone have experience with them? Sharp looking guns but don't know much about them. My wife is wanting an automatic shotgun so I've been looking around and stumbled up on these.[/quotes

I have a few of the over and unders. Best one for the money. The trick is to make em pull out a bunch of em and pick the best wood. I got some good looking ones doing this. Strong ejectors.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Got the 410 O/U for my kid. Shoulders / points well.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
southernvaughan
Duck South Addict

Postby southernvaughan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:29 pm

She's really wanting an auto and would probably go for the o/u if it doesn't kick too hard.
Blake Williamson
Duck South Addict
Location: Probably on the Pearl River setting at the cabin with a beer in hand with Ol'Jake beside me.

Postby Blake Williamson » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:25 am

I've shot a 20ga one and for the money hell they would be hard to beat. They tight little ole guns and shoot well.
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:12 am

Only complaint I heard on them was from a buddy of mine who said the safety on his was giving him trouble. That it felt "plastic" and was hard clicking off while shooting..
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
Beaudog1
Veteran

Postby Beaudog1 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:32 am

I have a couple of the O/U's in 12 and 20 and love them. Originally bought for quail hunts where I didn't mind them getting roughed up by a saddle scabbard or, as has happened before, bitten by the farking horse.

Had them for 5 years or so and never had an issue. As has been said, get the salesman to pull out a bunch and pick the best wood (some will have imperfections). Light, tight guns that shoulder and shoot as well as those costing 4x+ as much.
COONDOG
Veteran

Postby COONDOG » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:33 pm

I have a 20 gauge o/u with 28" barrels and love it. I got it to dove hunt with. With barrel selector and ejectors for around $500, I am very impressed and happy with it.
drake09
Veteran

Postby drake09 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:28 pm

Was going to store to buy a yildaz o/u but they where sold our of the one one I wanted so I went with a tri star which is also made in Turkey for around the same price haven't had any trouble out of it I'd look into them also the make a 20 ga auto with short stock that my wife loved and now she wants one and not wanting to go spend a bunch of money on her a shotgun not knowing if she will really stick with bird/ trap shooting
Wait wait!! Dam* shouldve shot them

Return to “General Discussion Forum”