THIEF!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

THIEF!

Postby jacksbuddy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:56 pm

Well, we got hit this week. Twice!

On Wednesday, my baby and I went out and bought a new mattress and box spring. We put the old ones outside against the house, planning to have them removed on Saturday. We also put out an old office chair, to be removed on Saturday as well.

Yesterday someone stole the old chair. And today I get a text from the wife that someone has come by and stolen the mattress and box springs!

I tell y'all one thing. Some crooks are just plain stupid.

Rant over. :P
Nobody owes you anything.
slayem
Veteran

Re: THIEF!

Postby slayem » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:21 pm

Made it easy on you!
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:33 pm

It really pi$$es me off to see the trailer full of appliances and junk driving through every garbage morning.

The way I see it they ought to at least take all the garbage instead of just picking out what they wanted.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:28 am

Nobody owes you anything.
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:01 pm

Haha, a few years ago in south Jackson, I set out an old Lazy-Boy recliner on the curb....it sat there for a week....wife put a for sale sign on it, and it was stolen, the next day....thank you, Mr. Thief. :lol:
YazooValley
Veteran

Postby YazooValley » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:08 pm

We had an older refrigerator in our garage. We came back from being out of town and the fridge had died. Middle of the summer. All of the meat in the freezer had thawed. That thing reeked. I held my breath and hauled the whole thing to the curb and called the city for an appliance pickup. Before the city could get there, someone had gotten it. I don't know how much scrap metal there is in an old fridge. There must be more than I thought if that one was worth dealing with.
Northbigmuddy
Veteran

Postby Northbigmuddy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Some a$$hat is running around with my brand new Stihl trimmer and blower. Probably the same sumbitch that stole my Honda generator.

The classic farm shop mid day sticky finger option. On another note I've got a backhoe and plenty of spots to dig a hole no one will ever find....
USA Back to Back World War Champs
regishay
Duck South Addict

Postby regishay » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:10 pm

there is alot of money in broken appliances. The guy that cleans our office fixes washer, dryer, etc... and basically what he cant fix, he uses the parts and scraps the rest. You would be surprised what some people will throw away.
"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
- General Macarthur

Return to “General Discussion Forum”