A year ago today...

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
legends of the lower mars
Duck South Sponsor

A year ago today...

Postby legends of the lower mars » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:30 pm

A year ago today (Sep 5th), And keeep in mind that I have had to do this same thing for several more of my hunting buddies; I had to put one of the best friends' and hunting buddy I have ever had, down... As some of y'all know, last year was one hell of a battle for Deuce. He was one hell of a fighter and hung on despite several extreme life altering proceedures in an attemp to save his life. He had an aputation and 5 months of chemo. Every different type of chemo that was out there as a matter of a fact through different agressive regimines.
Lymphoma, in certain types can be controlled, treated and sometimes be sucessfully defeated in dogs. We thought my buddy that had been 4 months in on his treatment and different proceedures had beat this monster. All seemed to be improving. We were starting to breath a little easier until the cancer bitch switched her tactics on my friend and mutated into one of the most aggressive forms of Lyphoma that Deuce's oncologist had ever seen. My friend fought a most valiant fight all the way to the end my friends... He let me know on this day 1 year ago, enough is enough dad. I'm tired and I can't go on anymore. I sat all morning on my back porch with him in my lap and we quietly said our good bye's before we took the long ride to my vet. In all my life, i've never felt such hurt or loss when he breathed his last breath while I was holding him... I still remember having to get your big headed stuck ass out of your momma when you were born... Till we meet again buddy.
I love and miss ya' Deuce man... Man, I miss you...
Attachments
DEUCE1.jpg
Deuce - Copy.JPG
Deuce - Copy.JPG (61.29 KiB) Viewed 1437 times
WHO DAT!

TOURNAMENT REDFISHING TEAM

A man may have many dogs in his life, but, a "True Legend" comes only once...

NOTICE! USERNAME SHOULD READ---"Legends of the Lower Marsh"

Return to “General Discussion Forum”