Prayers needed for wife and family (Updated with specifics)

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Jelly
Duck South Addict

Re: Prayers needed for wife and family

Postby Jelly » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:14 am

Stay strong Jim, Prayers sent...
Why is my mouth so dry this morning, when I drank so much last night?
mlj300
Veteran

Postby mlj300 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:30 am

done
Only Those Born & Raised in Nort East Mississippi Will Know Exactly What i MeanTo Those Set Adrift Amidst BrokeDick Rednecks,Radical Pentecostalism,Moonshine Bootleggers and PusserMania,There are Two Kings to Choose From-Elvis or Jesus.
-Jimbo Mathus
khound22
Veteran

Postby khound22 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:50 am

Sent, hope everything works out P.
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:53 am

She been in our thoughts and prayers from the start .. Hope everything all goes well
My name is Rick Daughtry.......

Well, I had a lot of money, but to the city went
I met too many good looking girls and that's where my money went
Yeah I know just where it went
No I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.
js
Veteran

Postby js » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:39 pm

Sent
Bourbon
Duck South Addict

Postby Bourbon » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:32 am

More prayers on the way.
GEAUX TIGERS
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:12 am

Praying for you and yours.
Are we gonna get wet?
peewee
Duck South Addict

Prayers needed for wife and family (updated)

Postby peewee » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:23 pm

On July 23 my wife had what we thought would be a normal transnasal endoscopic surgery to remove the tumor, go home within a couple days and then be back to life as normal within a few weeks. We had no clue what we were in for. We were able to get an appt. at UMC with Dr. Rey-Dios. He set everything up in a timely manner for surgery. What was to be a standard 2.5 hr surgery turned into a 6 hr surgery after they found out it was an arachnoid cyst that was imbedded into the pituitary gland. She had some steroid and hormone complications and we stayed in ICU for about a week before we got to go home.

After being home a couple days my wife developed a CSF (cerebral spinal fluid) leak. Dr. Rey-Dios was out of town so we waited a few days till he got back in to fix hit. He literally showed up in our room at 10:30 pm Sunday night when he got back into town and told us how they planned to fix it (mucosal flap). She had the surgery the next day and we stayed in ICU with a lumbar drain for another week.

We got released to come home Monday 8/11 and everything looked fine. Unfortunately on Wed (8/13) she had another leak. Dr. Rey-Dios saw us first thing Thursday AM and back in the hospital we go. Here is where things went South. Dr. Rey-Dios was scheduled to be out for two weeks and another surgeon took over. We were told what the plan to fix it was going to be and was waiting for the first of the next week to get this over with (They suspect hydrocephalous). She had another lumbar drain put in and after 5 days we had no test or anything else done. The drainage had stopped and they sent us home. Two days later drainage started again. Same thing as the last time, stay in the hospital for a week with a lumbar drain, no surgery or anything to fix it, drainage stopped and we went home. Well last Thursday evening I had the kids at soccer practice in Clinton. I checked my phone and I saw there were 5 missed calls. I knew something was wrong.

She said she could feel a swishing sound and movement in her head and then came massive headache. I rushed home and rushed her back to UMC. CT scan revealed pneumocephalus (air in the brain). The next day she had a dye test done that revealed two suspicious areas of leakage where the air is coming from. The neurosurgeon informed us that Tuesday morning she would go back into surgery through the sinus and the leak should be fixed. She had these massive headaches for four days in a row. Well Tuesday am comes, she signs the consent to do surgery, we get briefed by one of the neurologist as to what to expect then 10 minutes later neurosurgeon comes in and says if no CSF is coming out your nose I am not doing surgery. So here we are, 7 weeks from our original surgery date and we are unsure if she will heal up on her own or will need another surgery.

To say I am beyond frustrated is putting it lightly. We are trying to get a second opinion but it has been frustrating just getting medical records transferred. As a husband I have tried hard to love her and the kids and stay positive through this whole ordeal. We have two kids and I have been trying to take care of her and them. Without help from many folks I don’t know what I would have done. This has drug my attitude into a negative state and it is like I am stuck in a rut. My wife keeps telling me I got to get a better attitude but it’s hard to be positive right now. Honestly I’ve prayed, cried and cussed. All I can do right now is hope for the best, but it seems with our luck I don’t know what to even hope for. I appreciate you guys keeping my family in your thoughts and prayers.
Peewee
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Re: Prayers needed for wife and family (Updated with specifi

Postby Blackduck » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:33 pm

I bet it is frustrating. Sometimes the best treatment is time. Too many operations in a specific area over a short period of time can lead to friable fragile tissue. You can turn a small problem into a bigger one real quick.
Good luck.
No, i don't want to know you ---- teul

eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:35 pm

went through a similar situation with my Dad in 08' so i understand your frustrations. you gotta hang in there and be strong for her & the kids. easier said than done, i know, but just remember, you are the man of the house & it's your job. praying for the whole family!
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:27 am

Still praying for healing.
Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:13 pm

My family will be praying for your family.

Sent from the middle of no where and the state of confusion.
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
landscaper
Duck South Addict

Postby landscaper » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:36 pm

More prayers headed your way!
Jeff
Duck South Addict

Postby Jeff » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:44 pm

Praying
iron grip
Duck South Addict

Postby iron grip » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Prayers sent
At times there is not a satisfactory substitute for well-aimed lead going down range at high velocity.
-Jim Rawles

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”