Poor Fella!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
brake man
Veteran

Poor Fella!

Postby brake man » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:11 pm

After a late dinner last night, we noticed our 3 yo BLM, Cooper, appeared from a distance to have a "chicken neck" so I called to me to check him out. We were shocked to see his neck swollen up with a hard growth about the size of a tennis ball sticking out the side of neck! :eek: Called the emergency vet and off we went. The thing continued to grow do they gave him some Benadryl and sent us home to have it checked today by our vet. Well, Cooper had surgery to address what is a large abscess and now has drain lines, more drugs than a pharmacy, and the cone of shame (for about 24 hours). Poor fella is miserable! So much for the planned weekend at the farm and an opening day dove shoot with our pup.

brake man
davidees
Duck South Addict

Re: Poor Fella!

Postby davidees » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:20 pm

I'm glad he's okay
kb7722
Veteran

Postby kb7722 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:49 am

Glad you caught it and got him fixed up. Hopefully he will make a speedy recovery.
Last edited by kb7722 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
grnhed
Duck South Addict

Postby grnhed » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:38 am

Scary stuff! Glad he is ok!
brake man
Veteran

Postby brake man » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:41 am

I am pleased to report that Cooper continues to make a strong recovery and has the tubes removed from his neck. :D The openings will still take a couple of days to close on their own, but the vet says the healing is going well. We are very thankful here has not been any noticeable infection, though our pup is about to go crazy as he has not been to hunt or work in over a week. We hope to have him in a dove field next field. Thanks for folks thinking about him!
brake man

Return to “General Discussion Forum”