CCW holster

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

CCW holster

Postby deltadukman » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:16 am

Looking for an IWB holster for a Springfield XDS that will allow it to be worn with dress slacks and a button up tucked in. Any good choices or reviews?
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: CCW holster

Postby teul2 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:58 am

This is what I have for my Glock 27, i like it. Comp Tac MTac
http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

I know of a few others that have the SuperTuck and like it a lot.
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Hotca ... fault.aspx
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
jbs38654
Veteran

Postby jbs38654 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:59 am

I wear this daily and it took me about 5 before I found this one. Get the professional one because it's molded and weapon is more secure.

https://www.n82tactical.com/store/holst ... rettyPhoto
"N¡gger please"
Paula Dean
ShiftZ
Regular

Postby ShiftZ » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:45 pm

I have the Comptac Minotaur MTAC and love it. I can carry a full size 1911 comfortably with it.

I am currently looking at another holster for my Sig P238 and am looking really hard at Alien gear holsters. I have several friends with these and they rave about them. For the price it's hard not to take a look at them.

http://aliengearholsters.com

Whatever you decide on do not carry in the small of your back. If you fall and land on your back it could cause spinal injury.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:55 pm

SO you can tuck a dress shirt in under/around these fairly easily?
ShiftZ
Regular

Postby ShiftZ » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:56 pm

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:57 pm

Yes, with my MTAC, I can tuck my 27 in under a tshirt and you won't see it unless your really looking for it.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
ShiftZ
Regular

Postby ShiftZ » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:59 pm

jbs38654
Veteran

Postby jbs38654 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:21 pm

It's not hot and yes I wear them with a dress shirt 99.9% of the time.
Funny you should say that it's hot. I thought the same thing guy gave it to me and said wear it and if you like it pay for it later if you don't bring it and no harm no foul.
A month later I went back and bought a left hand one so now I have left and right.

It's the most secure one as well and you can change the angle of the weapon to allow for more comfort
"N¡gger please"
Paula Dean
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:08 pm

I use a Tucker "Answer" IWB with a Beltman "dress" gunbelt and "V" (velcro) clips. Its the best combo I have found for me.
So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 pm

I have never been able to get a "tuckable" IWB to work for me. You can see the bulge around my belt and the shirt always balloons around the area. Before spend $100.00 bucks on something you may not like.. Try the aliengear holsters. They have a new one out that I put in an order for that looks real comfortable.

This is about the only one I have found that you can tuck in well with a dress shirt and it is comfortable. The only downside, is that the muzzle of the gun is not always pointed in a safe direction when you are sitting down.

https://ultimateconcealedcarry.com/conc ... r-447.html
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:27 am

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Hunkerdown II
Veteran

Postby Hunkerdown II » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:18 am

tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:46 am

If I am gonna tote a super sub compact gun, (PF9), I just carry it in a pocket holster. I want a to conceal a 4 or 5 inch 1911!. That n8 holster might be an option, but crossbreeds and clones do not work. I am like cwink, I can try to tuck a shirt tail in but it bulges out, and I like more deformed than normal. I have about given up trying to hid it with out some form of outer wear. "shoot me first" vests are really not my style.
There will be a day....
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:40 pm

http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington

Return to “General Discussion Forum”