Cambodia

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Laus
Veteran

Cambodia

Postby Laus » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:59 pm

Here are a few photos from a vacation I recently took. Cambodia is a place I can not wait to get back to.

Take it easy and if its easy take it home.
Laus
Veteran

Re: Cambodia

Postby Laus » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:02 pm

Laus
Veteran

Postby Laus » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:06 pm

Last two are Luang Prabang, Laos having a beer along the Mekong, and In Hoi An, Veitnam. Both great places but nothing like Siem Reap.

4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:41 am

That's all aces man! Angkor Wats is definately on the bucket list. Did you stay at a resort? Any "must do's" you found while over there?
Where'd who go?
Laus
Veteran

Postby Laus » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:24 am

I stayed at HanumanAlaya Boutique Residence in Siem Reap. It is a 12 unit place between downtown and Angkor. I used Brownell Travel in Birmingham who got me set up with IndoChina travel, had a guide just to myself, and they know what to see over here. I don't like giving recommendations to people about flying half way around the world and spending money but Angkor is something else. It is only going to get more and more crowded in the years to come.
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:55 pm

Been there twice on mission trips but managed to spend some time in Siem Reap sightseeing as well. Angkor Wat is overwhelming, the Khmer people are super friendly too.

I walked all over Siem Reap during the day and never felt out of place, although I did stick to main streets. Even at night we walked a good bit but stayed along the busy streets, nobody hassled us.

Amazing to see how much the country has developed between 2012 and 2014. In 2012, drove our truck onto a ferryboat and crossed the Mekong River :shock: . Spent a lot of time driving on Hwy 1; I'm too young to have been a visitor during Vietnam but my dad was there. It was surreal to see these places I'd seen on the news and 60 minutes growing up.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”