The MDWFP could fuuck up a cup of coffee!!!!!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

The MDWFP could fuuck up a cup of coffee!!!!!

Postby Don Miller » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:08 pm

Why is it they have people on the rules committee that have never stepped foot on nor ever hunted a WMA, making retarded rules for the people that have to hunt there? True comment by the chairman, "I can't understand why anyone would want to have to get up that early to go duck hunting." My answer was, "Because not everyone owns 4,000 acres of prime duck hunting property like you do." Some of these folks are so out of touch with what's fair and sensible.
Ok...That's my rant. I feel better now for saying what no one else would say.
"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Re: The MDWFP could fuuck up a cup of coffee!!!!!

Postby deltadukman » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:22 pm

Mr. Deviney himself said that...with a grin. I remember that vividly and told me all I needed to know about the whole shebang....
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:26 pm

Did they go through with that bs or what happened?
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:36 pm

"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:43 pm

LQ, I'll put it this way. I will be the first person to test the new rule about being in the boat ramp parking lot before 2am. It is absolutely absurd to make public hunters block up a county road. What if there is a fire or medical emergency and help can't get by in a timely manner?
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:45 am

So, what is the new rule or set of rules?
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:34 am

I don't know what rule you are talking about, but my question is what GW is going to be at the boat ramp prior to 2am to give you a ticlet for getting there too early (other than one of the GW that patrols around Warren County) He would be there no doubt! But on a side note is the rule only for hunters that can't be there that early, I hear the fish bite good early in the morning
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:08 am

ahh the good ole getting at the gate and parking and waiting for 2 hours to enter the property... apparently they haven't checked with their counterparts that govern some federal property in the delta.
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:20 am

What pisses me off the most is all the new Gates going up to keep you out. There is a unnamed WMA near Holly Bluff that used to have a pretty long good gravel road going throught eh middle of it...now it has a gate and is a damn atv trail..for miles while for the past 10 years it has been a truck road with ATV trails off of it.

I firmly believe they really don't want you to hunt the areas and try to make it as hard on you as they can, rules rules rules just so you can break them and they can give you a ticket and bring in $$$$$
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:34 am

Are we gonna get wet?
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:53 am

no not that WMA, they can't block that cause that's a county rd. go a little east of there. What was 3.5 miles of vehicle road with numerous ATV trails off of it, has now become 3.5 miles of ATV trail with various other trails coming off of it...so to get to one of my old hunting spots. I have to pull my boat with my 4 wheeler for 2 miles whereas i used to could load it with my 4 wheeler after a brief 200 yard drive from the truck, but that gravel road is no longer avaliable for vehicle use. $#!+ is what it is
Up2Early
Veteran

Postby Up2Early » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:05 am

My info is that gate closure is seasonal and will be open later this year. We'll see what really happens....

What chaps my booty is they "don't have $ to pump greentrees" (which provide critical habitat) but they have $ to put up access control structures and send teams of people to other states to see "best practices".

Then, even though the greentree is not pumped, it was PLANNED to be pumped, so no use other than waterfowl hunting is allowed. ASSININE!!!!
SHR Up2Early's Delta Dawn

Check out my lanyards: http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=32696&id=1348690753
slayem
Veteran

Postby slayem » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:52 am

They should really look at what half way works in ar! You can get there at anytime but can't leave the ramp til 4. I know some people slip past, but it cuts it back a lot! And sometimes throw a gw in a boat to catch the ones who do slip!
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:41 pm

Silly suggestion right there.creates more issues.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:22 pm

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae

Return to “General Discussion Forum”