Regulatory change at a NWF

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Regulatory change at a NWF

Postby Smoke68 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:40 pm

From the 2014-2015 Brochure

All Limited Draw
Hunt perticipants must launch from and return to the
USFWS boat ramp.

Looks like the old paying boat ramp is no longer allowed on the weekends. Kind of made me laugh a little, so I thought I would share. What has been going on in the past is people using that private ramp to allow a permit holder to "shuttle" multiple groups into the woods. Each group that returned with the permit holder was legal in and of themselves, just not all together. I've never seen a game warden out there, but having a single ingress/egress point makes it somewhat enforceable.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
GreenheadJim
Veteran

Re: Regulatory change at a NWF

Postby GreenheadJim » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:05 am

I think it needs to be the same during the week as well. There are tons of people that sneak in from the backside and are sitting in the holes wayyyy before legal time. When you pass through a spot at 4:10 and there are already 5 dozen dekes and 10 mojos out, something is bad wrong. It should be mandantory that everyone launch from the main ramp. JMO

Return to “General Discussion Forum”