Anyone ever kept their dog in the garage?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
cockandlock25
Veteran

Anyone ever kept their dog in the garage?

Postby cockandlock25 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:23 pm

Here's my situation:

Moving to Collierville, TN in a week and have a place with no backyard but I have a 2 car garage. I have a female black lab who is 9 years old and always either stayed outside in a big kennel or inside the house. As she's getting on up there in age, I am worried about leaving her inside for about 8 hours while at work without being taken out to do her business. I don't want her to hold it that long. I've read a lot about how a garage is not good conditions to keep a dog in (limited air circulation, temperature, etc.) My question is, has anyone ever done this and made it work okay? Maybe using a portable air conditioner to keep it cooler in the hot weather? Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.
"What would we attempt to achieve if someone told us that we couldn't fail? Sometimes fear of failure is the only thing that stands in our way of success."
js
Veteran

Re: Anyone ever kept their dog in the garage?

Postby js » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:27 am

From my experience with my garage there is no way I would leave any of mine in there it gets well over 120 on a normal day on a hot day I've recorded temps over 130 and no air flow. I highly recommend finding a house with a back yard to much to chance.
mlj300
Veteran

Postby mlj300 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:15 pm

My garage is insulated and i keep 2 dogs in it everyday while were at work. I have a 110 unit in the window for days it gets above about 85. The winter isn't much of an issue except for the few days a year its in the teens or lower. The dogs stay out during the day when were home and come inside at night. It probably just depends on the house and the garage. My house is heavily shaded and except for extremely hot days the garage temp rarely gets out of the 70's. With the little window unit on low even at 100 degrees outside the garage feels like a refrigerator inside. The dogs seem happy :lol:
Only Those Born & Raised in Nort East Mississippi Will Know Exactly What i MeanTo Those Set Adrift Amidst BrokeDick Rednecks,Radical Pentecostalism,Moonshine Bootleggers and PusserMania,There are Two Kings to Choose From-Elvis or Jesus.
-Jimbo Mathus
Roach
Duck South Addict

Postby Roach » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:53 am

yep...a Dodge Caravan has 17 wires in the main wiring harness and it's expensive to replace it.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:17 pm

Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."

Return to “General Discussion Forum”