WHY????

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

WHY????

Postby LODI QUACKER » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:04 pm

Was the sweet loving the bosses daughter thread deleted?
gps4
Veteran

Re: WHY????

Postby gps4 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:27 pm

Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.-Mark Twain

Withholding information is the essence of tyranny. Control of the flow of information is the tool of the dictatorship. Bruce Coville

Everyone has an opinion, and the guy screaming for censorship may be the next guy to have his ideas cut off.-Richard King

Literature should not be suppressed merely because it offends the moral code of the censor. -William O. Douglas, dissenting, Roth v. United States, 354 U.S. 476 (1957).

There is more than one way to burn a book. And the world is full of people running about with lit matches.-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451, Coda (1979 edition).

Don't join the book burners. Don't think you are going to conceal thoughts by concealing evidence that they ever existed. - Dwight D. Eisenhower, speech at Dartmouth College (14 June 1953)

If all printers were determined not to print anything till they were sure it would offend nobody, there would be very little printed. -Benjamin Franklin "Apology for Printers" (1730); later in Benjamin Franklin's Autobiographical Writings (1945) edited by Carl Van Doren

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. -Potter Stewart, in dissenting opinion in Ginzburg et al v. United States (1965), also quoted in Censorship Landmarks (1969) by Edward De Grazia, p. 492

The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen.-Tommy Smothers

When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say. George R.R. Martin, A Clash of Kings

Who is more to be pitied, a writer bound and gagged by policemen or one living in perfect freedom who has nothing more to say? Kurt Vonnegut

What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist. Salman Rushdie

[I]t's not just the books under fire now that worry me. It is the books that will never be written. The books that will never be read. And all due to the fear of censorship. As always, young readers will be the real losers. Judy Blume

Free societies...are societies in motion, and with motion comes tension, dissent, friction. Free people strike sparks, and those sparks are the best evidence of freedom's existence. Salman Rushdie

One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present. Golda Meir

To prohibit the reading of certain books is to declare the inhabitants to be either fools or slaves. Claude Adrien Helvétius

When one writer tries to silence another, he silences every writer-and in the end he also silences himself. David Leavitt

We change people through conversation, not through censorship. Jay-Z, Decoded

Censorship is the tool of those who have the need to hide actualities from themselves and from others. Their fear is only their inability to face what is real, and I can't vent any anger against them. I only feel this appalling sadness. Somewhere, in their upbringing, they were shielded against the total facts of our existence. They were only taught to look one way when many ways exist.?? Charles Bukowski

The fact is that censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates, in the end, the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. Henry Steele Commager

They are afraid of words and thoughts; words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home, all the more powerful because forbidden, terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic. They make frantic efforts to bar our thoughts and words; they are afraid of the workings of the human mind- Winston Churchill, in "The Defence of Freedom and Peace (The Lights are Going Out)", radio broadcast to the United States and to London (16 October 1938)

and for those of us that that like boobies.....

Censorship of anything, at any time, in any place, on whatever pretense, has always been and always will be the last resort of the boob and the bigot. Eugene O'Neill
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:33 am

If I were to hazard a guess, it may have been due to the fact that every single member who posted on the thread told the guy, pretty much, the same exact advice on what to do.

Whether he follows that advice or not.....well, that may provide another thread in the future.
Nobody owes you anything.
randywallace
Veteran

Postby randywallace » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:07 am

If I penned that post after a couple dozen beverages and and then saw it the next morning when I came to, I would delete that sucker :lol:
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:57 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
jmh600
Veteran

Postby jmh600 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:54 pm

Maybe he'll atleast post the outcome...
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:15 pm

Can I get the links to my gifs back? It takes awhile to find ones that good....
Where'd who go?
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:22 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Thanks!! something for yer time>>>>

Where'd who go?
MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:48 pm

I'm late to the party. Is THAT the bosses daughter!?
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:19 pm

hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:40 pm

work hard, play hard
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:57 pm

"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:48 pm

iron grip
Duck South Addict

Postby iron grip » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:06 am

Oh My!
At times there is not a satisfactory substitute for well-aimed lead going down range at high velocity.
-Jim Rawles

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”