Tony Stewart dirt track disaster

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Tony Stewart dirt track disaster

Postby Smoke68 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:05 pm

I'm guessing most of you have already heard about this. I won't link the full video due to the reality of what happened plus some pretty bad language, but it's pretty easy to find on YouTube. I'm just wondering what you guys see as far what appears like it could have been intentional. What it is very easy to tell is that Stewart hits the gas before impact. Whether it was to avoid Kevin Ward Jr. or him brush back (and accidentally hit him) is anyone's guess, but he sure wasn't on the brakes.

Thoughts?

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: Tony Stewart dirt track disaster

Postby teul2 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:54 pm

I can't see it being intentional, but i don't know why he wasn't at the bottom of the track like the others. I assume he was trying to avoid Ward, who all but jumped in front of him.
One thing is for sure, Ward shouldn't have been out of the car.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:03 pm

First Ward should have never got out of the car and walked into the traffic. If you stop the video right when Stewart's car comes into the screen and then stop it again when Ward rolls out from under the car you will notice that Stewart's car moves up the track. Looks to me like Ward tries to jump out of the way at the last second. I think Stewart was being Stewart and was going to fly right by him and he got too close. Dont think Stewart will be charged but he should never be allowed to race again.
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:12 pm

I don't think he will take much heat, he is too big of a name to the industry, even if people love to hate him. They were already going to let him race today. Ward made the first mistake by getting out of his car. Then the second one by getting too close. As far as Stewarts intentions..... Well that's all speculation and all it ever will be. I have never been on a race track but things happen pretty fast in normal driving much less on a track, as far as we know he never saw him in the first place. I'm sure we will get the full scoop on it the rest of the week.
work hard, play hard
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:21 pm

Those guys know how those cars react. If you were going to swerve and mess with him or along dirt on him, you would turn your front wheels to the bottom of the track. I think the throttle and a swerve we because he hit the gas to sling the back end downward to avoid him because he saw him at the last moment. His front tires were pointed towards the wall which would have allowed him to take a better angle to dodge him by sliding the rear of the car downward to avoid him and swing out wide.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:57 am

Surprised this hasn't happened sooner. I've seen Tony Stewart do it himself, getting out of the car and throwing helmets at someone's car.

All race organizations should institute strict fines and suspensions on anyone that leaves their vehicle after a wreck until the safety crew arrives,
that is unless the car is on fire. This would never happen again. (Unless you have someone like Montoya on the track that runs over blower trucks.)
How do you like your Hope and Change?
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:47 am

Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:14 am

Tony should've never been in that race to start with. The nascar owners have too many millions of dollars riding on these guys to allow them to race elsewhere besides nascar events. I've watched the video several times. Tony should've been at the bottom of the track like everyone else. He didn't intentionally hit him, but he did try to scare him, being arrogant Tony, and in the process killed the young man.
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:44 am

I've only seen the one video and I can't tell for certain whats going on. Is there no other video out there? Did Stewart do something to cause the original accident? Looked like the kid hit the wall all by his lonesome. Another thing I found odd, Why does the cameraman zoom in on the car well before the accident?
Where'd who go?
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:49 am

If the camera guy hadn't focused in on the car in front of Tony after passing, then it would've clearly shown everything that transpired.
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:50 am

Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
MemphisStockBroker
Duck South Addict

Postby MemphisStockBroker » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:10 am

Last edited by MemphisStockBroker on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you just have to close your eyes, count to ten, take a deep breath and remind yourself that you wouldn't look good in prison stripes... and just smile at that dumbass and walk away.
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:12 am

Watch as Stewart and Ward go around the curve. It appears that there is enough room for both cars if they hold their lines. Watch Stewart's front tires and you will see him turn toward Ward's car and put him in the wall. Stewart has a history of causing wrecks on these small tracks. He broke his leg in a wreck last year.
MemphisStockBroker
Duck South Addict

Postby MemphisStockBroker » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:24 am

Sometimes you just have to close your eyes, count to ten, take a deep breath and remind yourself that you wouldn't look good in prison stripes... and just smile at that dumbass and walk away.
MrGoodtime
Veteran

Postby MrGoodtime » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:29 am

I dont think it was tonys fault, has anyone noticed that the car in front of tony almost hit the guy? First rule at the drivers meeting DONT GET OUT OF THE CAR , unless it is on fire.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”