Another good one gone

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Another good one gone

Postby mfalkner » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:15 pm

Had to put our 10 year old BLF Kasey down today. Last year we lost out YLM Doc who was her best good friend, and a couple months later she went blind. We've tried a lot of things to make her be at ease but we finally had to face the fact (with some help from our vet) that she was miserable. The only way I could get a tail wag was feeding time.

Unlike many dog stories on here, she was not a jam-up hunting companion or test competitor; in fact she could be dumb as a bag of hammers. But she was a great pet and shop/yard buddy who had some rotten luck. and she will be missed.

On a brighter note, we have a new pup on the place, that we got both to replace Doc in the blind and hoping she could be a buddy for Kasey. Looking forward to starting the fun and games with her.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Re: Another good one gone

Postby Anatidae » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:05 am

It's tough to loose'em and I think everybody that's ever been through this, that has cared about these companions and unconditional freinds, knows what ya'll are going through. They just become part of the family.

The good thing about having a pup to fall back on, is that they help fill the big void in your heart. Cherish the memories as they surface and enjoy each moment a new one is born with the new pup. Both, will get you through the hard times. There are no ribbons or trophies that compare with the love of a devoted companion.

'Will be thinking about y'all - and raise a glass to all dogs that command such a large spot in our hearts.
"I'd like to be remembered among my closest waterfowling friends (if I am remembered at all) for how I hunted them - not how many I killed" - [Jay Strangis]
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:57 am

Thanks Randy
B3
Duck South Addict

Postby B3 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:40 pm

My condolences. You gave her a good life and did the right thing for her at the end. Cherish the good memories...
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:40 am

They just dont stay around long enough...... Glass raised!
Blake Williamson
Duck South Addict
Location: Probably on the Pearl River setting at the cabin with a beer in hand with Ol'Jake beside me.

Postby Blake Williamson » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:42 am

Sorry for you loss brother......Prayers sent.
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
Duck Chaser
Veteran

Postby Duck Chaser » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:11 pm

As said, many of us can relate, and the shop/yard buddies are no less missed by their families. R.I.P. Kasey
HRCH Rusty MH
marty lee
Veteran

Postby marty lee » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:09 am

sorry for your loss, sometimes it is so hard to do the right thing
Marty Lee
HRCH UH "Gussie" Summers Gusty Breeze MH
HRCH "Rambo" Daisey's Rambunciuous Rascal
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:23 am

Thanks all. Probably should have done it sooner, which is one reason I posted this. Might help someone else look past feeling "guilty" and do what's best for the dog.

But hey, got puppy breath around the house again so things are looking up....

Return to “General Discussion Forum”