Alligator sighting at Sardis Lake

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Sea-Donkey
Veteran

Re: Alligator sighting at Sardis Lake

Postby Sea-Donkey » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:20 am

levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:17 pm

Wifes uncle caught one in a creek a few years back that came off coldwater river in desoto county. He actually got down in the creek and pulled it out. With the help of another person driving by they tied it up and took somewhere to meet the GW to hand him off. Ive got to find the photos but know it was in byhalia ms. Gator was about 5 feet long. Not big but still enough to do something.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
mlj300
Veteran

Postby mlj300 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:13 am

I have spent approximately 21,000 hours at Sardis and Arkabutla lakes since 2003. I have laid eyes on two alligators at Sardis and one at Arkabutla. I know they are definitely there from time to time but they are few and far between.
Only Those Born & Raised in Nort East Mississippi Will Know Exactly What i MeanTo Those Set Adrift Amidst BrokeDick Rednecks,Radical Pentecostalism,Moonshine Bootleggers and PusserMania,There are Two Kings to Choose From-Elvis or Jesus.
-Jimbo Mathus
bmanning3
Regular

Postby bmanning3 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:31 pm

saw a baby gator while bowfishing sardis right around the mouth of the river last summer.
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:44 am

They are seen from time to time around Memphis in the Wolf River backwaters, but it's rare.

- Nate
Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."

Return to “General Discussion Forum”