Question about Civil Court

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
GreenheadJim
Veteran

Question about Civil Court

Postby GreenheadJim » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:11 pm

I took a guy that remodeled our bathroom to court because he wouldn't stand behind his work. We had court today and he didn't show up. The judge awarded me what I was asking. This guy works for himself, so I imagine it will be pretty hard for me to get him to pay even though the court has ordered him to. Can anyone tell me what my next steps should be? It's a pretty good amount of money, so I don't want to just let it slide.
Natty
Veteran

Re: Question about Civil Court

Postby Natty » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:32 pm

Sounds like you've had a tough time lately between dogs and remodels ha. Don't know a thing about courts though.
GreenheadJim
Veteran

Postby GreenheadJim » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:57 am

arduckslayer
Duck South Addict

Postby arduckslayer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:15 am

I took a guy to civil court once. He didn't show and I was awarded judgement as you were. They told me to go the clerk's office and file a lein on the guy's name. He can't take a loan out for any reason til he pays you off. It worked too. It took a while, but one day I got a call from the clerk's office saying they had a check for me.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:32 am

You have a PM
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
GreenheadJim
Veteran

Postby GreenheadJim » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:24 am

PM replied to Seymore

Return to “General Discussion Forum”