GOP primaries may not be over yet...

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Re: GOP primaries may not be over yet...

Postby fireplug » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:01 am

How do you like your Hope and Change?
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:13 am

Nobody owes you anything.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:46 am

Not really sure calling people that vote their conviction "ignorant" is called for at this point. I think they are probably more aware of the political
consequences than you would imagine. There is a lot of emotion involved right now. They will have time to think hard about it between now
and November and will have an informed and educated opportunity. Besides, if the Cochran people were paying close attention and taking
names of all those democrats they asked to vote for him, then they can threaten them with Charges come November if they cross over and
vote for Childers. Was a pretty savvy move by Cochran camp.

I am personally one of those that will have to do a lot of praying between now and November. I've voted for Cochran every time JUST because
there was no other choice. The emotion comes in when we finally see someone have a chance to come in and beat the incumbent. That
excitement for a chance at something new and different is a good indicator of the failure that is Thad Cochran.

Hate our state got drug through the mud with this thing, but who really cares, our state is the laughing stock of the US anyway. No fault of Chris McDaniel
either by the way.
How do you like your Hope and Change?
jwayne
Veteran

Postby jwayne » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:11 am

YOU BETTER GET IN LINE SHEEP PEOPLE…..YOUR REPUBLICAN MASTER HAS SPOKEN!!!!!

Talk about ignorant…How about thinking for yourselves and not doing what someone else tells you.
maverick21
Veteran

Postby maverick21 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:39 am

I'm going to need another roll of tin foil for my hat if this keeps up...
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:03 am

Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
TK
Regular

Postby TK » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:20 pm

I usually don't post much on here but any Mississippian that thinks we need that idiot from Booneville in office really needs to rethink their feelings. Childers openly told a group from ABC (Associated Builders and Contractors) that went to visit him the last time he was in Washington that he would help the unions before he would them. I'm a contractor that has ownership in our company. To think anyone that would call themselves a Republican would either not vote at all or vote against any Republican running against a man that would support unions makes me sick at my stomach.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:40 am

The National Wildlife Conservation Society has added TEABAGGERS to the Endangered Species List.. The WCS says that they'll be completely Extinct by 2016... Scientists at The WCS have concluded that because this Species is unable to adapt to any Environment, unable to peacefully Co-Exist with any other Species, and is unable to Evolve in Term of Intelligence.. That the Accelerated Race toward Extinction of the Teabagger Species, is inevitable and irreversible. The Teabagger Species is an Invasive Species, damaging to every Environment and every other Species it comes into Contact with. Scientists have concluded that the World will be a much better place once they are completely Extinct.

Had to share this post from another site. :lol:
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
chopper30
Duck South Addict

Postby chopper30 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:55 am

Lazy Drake
Veteran

Postby Lazy Drake » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:02 am

bustercat64
Veteran

Postby bustercat64 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:42 am

I was talking with one of my neighbors this weekend and I realized the hatred he is feeling for Cochran. He told me that Childers is Republican not a Democrat and that he was more inline with the way we think than Cochran. I asked him what was his goal for this upcoming election and all he wanted was to impeach Obama. I followed that up how can we do that if Harry Reed is still in charge and his answer was the Democrats would lose enough sets that we could still pull it off even with out Cochran.

I have been a supporter of the Tea Party from the very beginning of it's movement and I have always been a Republican. I am now just hoping that the actions of a few don't effect millions. I grew up a place and time where we have tried for a whole generation of Mississippians to get over the actions of a few that labeled us all. I am just praying that this whole mess does not set Mississippi back another 10 to 20 years.
foxtrot
Regular

Postby foxtrot » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:26 am

Considering who frequents this board, if you had to choose aligning with either:

Ted Cruz/Mike Lee or John McCain/Mitch McConnell which would you choose?

Therein lies what is going on with the MS Senate race.

Furthermore, if the big draw of voting for Cochran is having him head the Senate Appropriations Committee and given his demeanor through this primary race of being VERY "limp wristed," can you imagine how negotiating will go in the Senate chambers? Yes, Cochran deserves respect and his seniority justifies his leadership role but for every dollar he brings in to MS, I would highly suspect there will be major dollars flowing to pork projects for other senators on both sides of the aisle. There is no taking without giving in politics and the whole thought of having these 70-80yr old fixtures spending tax dollars just like they always have for the last 3 decades fixes nothing for a broken country. Teaching an old dog a new trick won't happen... Does this scenario of Thad in office now get you motivated and excited about the future of our children, grandchildren, country???

Cochran won overwhelmingly in the Delta, metro Jackson, and the coast. What do all three of these areas have in common?

Delta farmers- Everyone's tax dollars flowing to big plantation owners in the form of all farm welfare programs through the farm bill.
Metro Jackson- Everyone's tax dollars flowing to state govt. contract work and "back scratching" political paybacks.
Coast- Everyone's tax dollars flowing to the shipyards for military contracts.

Furthermore, when I hear Democrats being interviewed, their venom spews towards the Tea Party first and like no other. Shouldn't that alone help able-minded, self-reliant, conservative tax payers see the forest through the trees.
jwayne
Veteran

Postby jwayne » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:49 pm

[quote="foxtrot"]Considering who frequents this board, if you had to choose aligning with either:

Ted Cruz/Mike Lee or John McCain/Mitch McConnell which would you choose?

Therein lies what is going on with the MS Senate race.

Furthermore, if the big draw of voting for Cochran is having him head the Senate Appropriations Committee and given his demeanor through this primary race of being VERY "limp wristed," can you imagine how negotiating will go in the Senate chambers? Yes, Cochran deserves respect and his seniority justifies his leadership role but for every dollar he brings in to MS, I would highly suspect there will be major dollars flowing to pork projects for other senators on both sides of the aisle. There is no taking without giving in politics and the whole thought of having these 70-80yr old fixtures spending tax dollars just like they always have for the last 3 decades fixes nothing for a broken country. Teaching an old dog a new trick won't happen... Does this scenario of Thad in office now get you motivated and excited about the future of our children, grandchildren, country???

Cochran won overwhelmingly in the Delta, metro Jackson, and the coast. What do all three of these areas have in common?

Delta farmers- Everyone's tax dollars flowing to big plantation owners in the form of all farm welfare programs through the farm bill.
Metro Jackson- Everyone's tax dollars flowing to state govt. contract work and "back scratching" political paybacks.
Coast- Everyone's tax dollars flowing to the shipyards for military contracts.

Furthermore, when I hear Democrats being interviewed, their venom spews towards the Tea Party first and like no other. Shouldn't that alone help able-minded, self-reliant, conservative tax payers see the forest through the trees.[/quote]

foxtrot....I like how you think!!! :D
Bonehead
Duck South Addict

Postby Bonehead » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:22 pm

4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Man how history repeats itself! Reminds me of back in the day when we wanted some change...and voted for Ross Perot....and got Bill Clinton...twice. Except this one is twice as nasty. "@#$%#" it. Be a trailblazer! Make some headlines and change! Hope and Change! I can't "@#$%#" wait. McDaniels is bottomfeeder ashat, just like all politicians. If you cant see that, your an idiot. How many scandals have we had already????? WTF??? Is Thad great? Not really but just wait and see what happens when the dems take over. I'm so tired of this whole thing I don't even care anymore. I don't even want to call myself a conservative. You're all a bunch of whinny little bitches.
Where'd who go?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”