Smartphone

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Laus
Veteran

Smartphone

Postby Laus » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:15 am

Looks like I am going to breakdown and get one. Is there any difference between the iphone 5c and 5s besides money? I have no clue what I am doing with technology just want one to photo upcoming travel and to communicate back home.
Thanks.
Take it easy and if its easy take it home.
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Re: Smartphone

Postby Deltaquack » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:31 am

5c has plastic casing and 5s has airplane grade aluminum casing. Everything else is the same as far as internal components. I read a report that they'll never do the plastic again if that tells you anything.
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:39 am

sort of....a few internal differences: processor is better, camera is better, and storage availability is higher on 5s

"The iPhone 5S has a faster processor than the 5C. The 5S sports an Apple A7 processor, while the heart of the 5C is a 1Ghz Apple A6. The A7 is a newer, more powerful model than the A6, particularly because it's a 64-bit chip (the first in a smartphone, according to Apple). Because it's 64-bit, the A7 can process twice as much data at the same time as the 32-bit A6. Processor speed isn't as big a factor in smartphones as it is in computers (there are many other things that affect overall performance as much, if not more), and the A6 is very fast (it's the same processor as in the iPhone 5), but the A7 in the iPhone 5S will make that model a bit speedier than the 5C.
When taken just on the specs, the cameras in the iPhone 5S and 5C don't look very different: they both max out at 8 megapixel still images and 1080p HD video. But what's under the hood makes the 5S's camera really stand out. The camera on the 5S offers dual-flash for truer-to-life colors, the ability to record slow-motion video at 120 frames/second in 720p HD, and a burst mode that captures up to 10 photos per second. The 5C's camera, while very good, offers none of these advanced features.
The iPhone 5S has the same maximum amount of storage as last year's iPhone 5: 64GB. This is enough to store tens of thousands of songs, dozens of apps, hundreds of photos, and more. And if your storage needs are really big, this is the choice for you. The 5C matches the 16GB and 32GB models of the 5S, but it stops there--there's no 64GB 5C for capacity-hungry users.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:28 am

the 5c is the 5 hardware wearing plastic.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:30 am

I got an iPhone 4s. My next phone will be an android

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:33 am

Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:43 am

donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:13 pm

^^^ha! you're correct
Greenhead329
Veteran

Postby Greenhead329 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:41 pm

I had a droid before being talked into iPhone....my next purchase will be a droid . I had way better reception, durability, and call quality with the droid
All I know is... A wise rooster don't bury his head when a chicken hawk is around...he keeps his eyes on his chickens

Dude...Why'd you make the homeless guy pay for supper?
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:58 am

Still using a 4. Can't see getting a new one when something new is coming out every 3 months. I'd lose my shirt trying to keep up. When Apple quits doing updates for the 4 is when I guess I'll be forced to get another one and it will be a droid.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:43 am

Having had both the android and now an iPhone5, I respectfully encourage you to abandon your consideration of the iPhone. Call quality is unacceptably low to me when used in same areas where samsung android phone worked very well. This is my biggest compliant. The iPhone five is absolutely the worst performing cell phone I have ever used in terms of call quality.

In terms of smart phone features, I also can't stand the fact that when you zoom in on a web page with text, the screen can't be set to word wrap so you can read the entire line of text. You can't reply to reply to an email and add an attachment in that reply at the same time, the list of complaints I have goes on and on and on and on...... It's the basic fundamentals of computing that iPhone just doesn't have.

I hate my iPhone.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
slew
Veteran

Postby slew » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:02 am

I went to a moto x. been about 6 mounths now and really pleased with it, works reat in low signal areas and battery life excellent would recomend
Deadeye
Duck South Addict

Postby Deadeye » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:45 am

I have an iphone 4 personal phone and Samsung Galaxy S4 work phone. The Samsung is hands down a better overall phone, no contest. I shall never own another iphone... don't have anything negative to say about it, just inferior to the S4. It's like comparing a YETI to stirofoam cooler. They both keep stuff cold....

Dead
I ain't a veternarian, but I know a horses booty when I see one!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”