June 3rd

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

June 3rd

Postby fireplug » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:10 pm

Don't forget to go out and support your Senate candidate of choice. I will be pulling the lever for Chris McDaniel and doing my
part to try to make a difference instead of pretty much handing over the Senate seat to Haley Barbour or Haley's nephew.

Haley's own brother and father of Thad Cochran's PAC campaign manager has endorsed McDaniel. Family feud or just someone that's fed up with
being at the bottom of all the lists ever published? I'm not sure, but I think the choice is clear and I hope everyone supports Chris tomorrow.

Don't sit on the couch, go out and vote in the Republican Primary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCO4oFNi ... e=youtu.be
How do you like your Hope and Change?
davidees
Duck South Addict

Re: June 3rd

Postby davidees » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:23 pm

I'm voting McDaniel too
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Postby judge jb » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:49 am

its been a nasty race.

judge jb
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:55 am

People that are afraid of loosing power and money normally do turn nasty and they do it fast. McDaniel tried his hardest to keep it clean
offering to debate on many many different occasions. Cochran has yet to come to Ms to have town halls or talk to the people of Ms. It's
like he doesn't even live here...... oh that's right, he doesn't, his residence is in DC. Well no wonder he looks down on the people of this state.

PACs are going to get nasty no matter what any candidate says. Look at the ads that McDaniel paid for himself. They are not nasty, just
filled with facts. Cochran didn't pay for any ads that I've seen, all PAC paid for.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:28 am

Well, they asked for my ID when I went in to vote. I guess that kills the old Al Capone rule of "Vote early and vote often."
Nobody owes you anything.
landscaper
Duck South Addict

Postby landscaper » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:41 am

I try to stay informed but politics is like Greek to me. Can McDaniels beat Childers down the road?
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:54 am

Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:25 am

420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:33 am

I don't think it matters if McDaniel can beat Childers (I hope he does) but what matters is we gotta start getting these incumbents out..Thad has been there 41 years...that's long enough for anyone. We all bitch about the way things are in Washington and how they are all lying swindlers and campaign donations sway them etc..etc.. We need term limits...They will NOT vote term limits in, but all we gotta do is vote them out..I am not going to vote for ANYBODY in a RE-elect me campaign anymore.. You had a chance, now somebody else gets my vote. The only way we can essentially get term limits is for us, the people, to vote them out.

I will be voting for McDaniel this afternoon
rjohnson
Duck South Addict

Postby rjohnson » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:48 am

fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:51 am

Childers will/can not beat McDaniels in a head to head match up. He's already had his chance and has a record of voting with and for Nancy Pelosi.
This is how Nunalee beat him. (which in hindsight was a mistake to put him in there because he's a Barbour puppet as well). Term limits are
the only way for the people to take their country back. I think 2 terms as a Senator and 4 terms in the house. I will also stop voting for the incumbent
after they have served that amount of time. If everyone would do the same, we would set our own term limits. McDaniels has stated that the first bill
he's going to introduce is a term limits bill. (we all know it will go nowhere but at least he is making the effort.) If eventually we get enough of the Mike Lee,
Ted Cruz type people in office they will get the term limits bill through and passed. I'm sure there is enough support for a constitutional amendment in the state for that to happen now, if the states would meet and push it through. Too much money and power though. That's why we will have to do it ourselves.
donia
Duck South Addict

June 3rd

Postby donia » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:37 am

Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
rjohnson
Duck South Addict

Postby rjohnson » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:55 am

fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:34 pm

I'm hearing the turnout is expected to be in the 15%-20% range. Man, that is sad that only 15%-20% of registered voters are engaged enough
to vote in such an important election process. I personally vote for every election that happens, always have and always will. It takes literally
less than 10 minutes out of your day to do it. This isn't a big state with huge waiting lines. Folks, go vote. If you don't know anything about
the candidates, then take a little time and talk to people. Look at the candidate's websites and see what they stand for.
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:56 pm

I agree fire..the folks that bitch the most are tho ones that don't ever vote..I vote every time in every election I can and have since i turned 18. IF you don't vote, you aint got a right to bitch about anyone or sing the praises of anyone.. and you are part of the problem

Return to “General Discussion Forum”