Bad weather

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
js
Veteran

Re: Bad weather

Postby js » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:25 pm

Supposed to be a nasty tornado on the ground headed toward Louisville the vortex is said to go up 25000 ft that's unreal on the height of it.
rjohnson
Duck South Addict

Postby rjohnson » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:20 pm

well chit it is turning bad this far south, be careful people
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Got real bad out this way. Power is still out - hope everyone is okay.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
marionfd708
Veteran

Postby marionfd708 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:50 pm

Hope you folks in Brandon and Pelahatchie are doing okay. Looks like it is hitting y'all pretty hard right now!
DUCK-HUNT
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCK-HUNT » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:57 pm

I saw the storm chasers in Winona today about 12:30. They were staging there waiting on it to pop off. Said east of 55 was going to be terrible. They were so jacked up and very concerned for everyone. Said this was gonna be the worst outbreak in recent history. Way worse than 2011. Looks like they are getting it right. One guy did say, Back to back to back f3 f4 tornados would be a common occurence

Hope everyone stays safe
Get em WET!............Their feet that is.
99beers
Veteran

Postby 99beers » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:51 pm

Just glad rj is not a weatherman..
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:09 pm

Castlewoods area has some limbs down but we are ok if anyone has any family this way.
rjohnson
Duck South Addict

Postby rjohnson » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:12 pm

eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:45 pm

Got pretty wild out here @ Lake Caroline, but as far as I know, no one was injured. Lots of trees down, roofs damaged, saw one boathouse destroyed as well as a pontoon boat capsized. Just watched the replay on a buddy's surveylance camera. Very eerie stuff!
Heard Louisville got hit hard. Prayers sent to those affected.
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
turkeyman
Duck South Addict

Postby turkeyman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:45 pm

It hit within a mile of my house. Lucky everyone was ok
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:49 pm

200 yards behind my house is a mess. Cant really go anywhere. Downtown Brandon got slammed pretty hard. Trailer park near patrick farms in pearl is demolished, several dead or missing. Luckily skipped me, but there will be a lot of damage tomorrow when we can see. Bob boyt honda and Brandon High School supposedly have the roof off. Havent seen it.
QUACKERS
Duck South Addict

Postby QUACKERS » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:12 pm

If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:03 am

Tupelo got slammed hard. Go to www.djournal.com for a pic slide show. I had all the kids in the bathroom and I was on the front porch watching like and idiot instead of inside with them. Before I could do anything it was on us and I was having a hard time closing the door. Clouds over head were rotating and there was all kinds of stuff in the air from 2x4 pieces of wood to freaking lawn furniture. News is saying it was a "wedge" tornado meaning it was very wide with multiple votices. (don't know if that is plural for vortex or not). Not a couple hundred yards from my house roofs have been torn off. In a neighborhood just a mile or two away there is mass destruction. There was an 8 pm curfew and they are serious about it. I went through 2 road blocks and was told to get my booty home right then.

For several minutes I really thought we were history. I had the kids put their bike helmets on because it was the only thing I could think of to protect their head. I had my ATV helmet on. I'm sure we looked real strange but it was the only thing I could think of to at least protect our head. Like most subdivisions our house just doesn't have anywhere to really go. That is as close as I ever want to get to one. It is a sound I will never forget and hope to never hear again. The pressure changes were popping our ears. My eight year old daughter was so scared she wet her pants.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:15 am

Glad y'all are okay!

That's smart getting them to put bike helmets on.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:48 am

Not gonna lie, when I saw metal flying around, I put on my waxed canvas jacket! Now the fun begins this morning.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”