Lamar Billboards

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Faithful Retrievers
Duck South Addict

Lamar Billboards

Postby Faithful Retrievers » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:27 pm

Anyone have any idea if they usually purchase ground or do a lease for land to put sign on?
http://www.grizzlyjig.com
"Better to have people think your a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"- Mark Twain
3spop
Veteran

Re: Lamar Billboards

Postby 3spop » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:53 pm

No clue, but I know a girl who has worked for them for years. I can get you her number if you need it.
Northbigmuddy
Veteran

Postby Northbigmuddy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:46 pm

I've always heard folks got a yearly check from the billboard folks. Sounds like a lease to me.
USA Back to Back World War Champs
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Lamar usually leases long term then a renewal every "X" number of years. One thing I would advise is to negotiate a flat lease with a commision so to speak on the sign rent. I know ive heard from someone in the business that this is the way to go in high priced billboard areas.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:52 pm

Contact Bigwater. He worked there for years.
Faithful Retrievers
Duck South Addict

Postby Faithful Retrievers » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:15 pm

I thought I remembered bigwater working for them. I bought a piece of land that has a billboard sign on it and the land owner stated that the previous owner sold the area to them. I got to thinking I don't remember seeing anything on any of the paper work and seemed like I would being in the middle of my land. Then I found out the prior owner is a bit of a crook and if he told that other guy that he could still be getting a check because I doubt they verify each year if you still own the property. I just wanted to verify with them what kind of deal they have on the sign.
http://www.grizzlyjig.com

"Better to have people think your a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"- Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion Forum”