Easter feast/traditions

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
D1
Duck South Addict

Easter feast/traditions

Postby D1 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:27 am

With the varity of people that vist this site, I thought it would be interesting to what everyones Easter Feast/traditions are.

Though the Kids are grown one of them married and no grand children, hidding eggs is out of the question, however the bunny :bun still brings a basket for them :rolleyes: (my wife said as long as she is alive him and St Nick would still visit, though I dont mind, becasue they leave me baskets and stocking stuffers too,dont judge me lol). We will visit with the oldest and his wife on Saturday so they can vist her family on Sunday, We will eat ham, potato salad, baked beans, rolls, bacon and cheese deviled eggs, and cause oldest son doesnt eat most of that, cheese scalloped potatos and and whatever desert they bring(I havent told anyone yet, I am making homemade ice cream :drool called 3 6s) and jsut hang out and spend time together.

Sunday will begin with Sun rise services, then Church, then home to eat left overs and nap all day.
Thanks
Bruce

dogs are only as good as their trainers,and trainers are only as good as their dogs

Romans 14:11
davidees
Duck South Addict

Re: Easter feast/traditions

Postby davidees » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:52 am

I have to work.
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:07 pm

I have been to sunrise service every year since I can remember. For the past twenty, I have helped cook the breakfast that is served. This year we had about 75 people, the most in quite a while. It was beautiful with the sun coming through the hundred year old oaks which surround the country grave yard, birds chirping, crows caaing, and yes even heard a turkey gobbling in the distance..... God definitely showed is presents at our service this morning.
work hard, play hard
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Postby jdbuckshot » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:13 am

we had a huge easter egg /bbq at church on Saturday

must have been 500 folks there. good times and the kids had a blast.

we fried fish, grilled chicken wings and deer burgers.

good times. good week. God is Good
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:08 am

This was the last Easter where we really did nothing. The baby is too young to appreciate Easter egg hunting, and since the In-Laws don't understand English, a Sunrise service is really awkward.

All we did was eat a nice lunch, dress the baby in a new dress and take pictures for the grandparents. However, things like that will change during this calendar year. The baby is paying more attention to me as I read the Bible stories to her everyday, and that makes everybody happy.
Nobody owes you anything.
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:00 pm

Fried chicken on da Dredge Ship. Same as any other Sunday on da US Dredge Wheeler! :cry:
Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:41 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”