rental car issues

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
levi127
Duck South Addict

rental car issues

Postby levi127 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:09 am

Any of you had issues with damage on rental vehicles then dealed with rental company about them? Planning ahead bc they refused to notate prior damage before I was given the vehicle. I took photos on their property just incase.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
Natty
Veteran

Re: rental car issues

Postby Natty » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:41 am

You saying they wouldn't/didn't do a "walk-around" of the vehicle and check for dings and dents?
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:57 am

No they did. But refused to put anything unless larger then a dollar or down to metal.
this is with the GM recall. Went back in to renew today and had issues as they did not want to transfer damages from 1st rental to this new one. Said damages were not significant enough to report.
So I took my own photos and notes they refused to sign and acknowledge. Spoke with GM and go no where
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:00 am

I have used rentals a good bit and have always had them notate every dent or scratch before I sign off on agreement and have never had an issue with them doing that. What company?
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:17 am

Its with enterprise.
Then I put a trailer ball on the back and manager freaked out about it. Saying ive been damaging the vehicle pulling stuff and its against policy to pull or haul anything. I said then whats a tow package for? I explained to him I put it on only as extra protection incase someone rearended me or hit me in a parking lot. He still didnt have it and went on about policy using leased vehicles, but couldnt show me in anything in writing.

Ive leased before on business trips and such. But never have dealt with a work force like these people. Girl did explain all the money they are loosing on GM rentals bc GM only pays 1/2 of normal rental prices. So I guess alot of claims are coming for them to get some money back possibly.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:38 am

If you have pictures why worry about it? I would keep the pictures and see if they ever try to charge you or GM. If they don't.........no worries.
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:36 am

Just trying to see who else has had similar or same issues before. 1st time I have ever.
just google the company and claims, thats what has me a little puzzled with all the stuff they have done. Almost like a guarantee your gonna charged for something. cate the previous person that leased it before me.

Heck I found a DL under the console the other day cleaning it up. Wasnt mine or anyone I know.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
arduckslayer
Duck South Addict

Postby arduckslayer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:12 pm

Roach
Duck South Addict

Postby Roach » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:25 am

The company I run insures many different rental companies (Enterprise is self insured) and I oversee all the litigation associted with them.
The rental agent "should" have noted any damage prior to the rental because I have seen the checklist held up for a judgment against renter. Always note damage and in this case, I would have had the counter agent sign stating that they do not mark small dents as described.
Never, if possible, drop a rental vehicle off at any location without them checking and clearing you of damage because you are responsible for any damage to the vehicle until it is checked back in.
The rental agreement is a legal document/contract and the "terms and conditions" are in favor of the company.
Most rental agents don't have a clue about the legal ramifications associated with their "lack of effort" and I've seen it get very ugly after the fact. And the "fact" is that the contract was signed (with no damage) and when it is checked back in it has damage, and the renter signed and accepted the contract.
Your personal insurance is forced to pay these because it would cost them more to defend it than to pay the damage.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:12 pm

I have always used enterprise and never had a problem. Maybe the one down here just has better employees.
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:06 pm

Got a call my car is fixed. Dropped rental off they looked it over and said no issues. Gave me a print out of the reciept being paid by GM. I asked for them to sign it saying it was no issues on it and clean, they refused. Manager was the one that checked it in also. He said by me having a copy of the reciept showing it was paid then nothing else I need. Sounded odd to me that he wouldnt

Go to GM and get my car. Well find out the mechanic signed off all keys worked and recall items completed. Well they made new keys to the car. 1 key cranked the car, none openned the doors and 1 didnt do anything. Also they didnt go the steering system like recall states needs done bc it was not on my list of things fixed. So now they have it back and put me in a rental again. Well again the would not notate any dings or scratches in the vehicle when inspection was done.

This has turned into more of a rant, so sorry lol
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer

Return to “General Discussion Forum”