Ask DS about termite damage

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Luckydawg
Duck South Sponsor

Ask DS about termite damage

Postby Luckydawg » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:56 pm

We bought this house new 6 years ago. We have been under termite contract since we bought the house. We found termite damage last July and they sprayed and drilled new holes around the house. We recently found more termite damage about 10 feet from the area in July. They came and treated the termites today and said they would be back in three weeks to check everything. Nothing was mentioned about fixing our damage to my wife. Before I go off, should I expect more than this or is this normal? Has anyone else had any dealings with termite people?
www.headcrushercalls.com

Southaven,MS
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Re: Ask DS about termite damage

Postby Deltaquack » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:12 pm

They are not going to fix anything until they are certain they've got the situation under control. You probably don't want them to. Look at your contract too. Most do cover any repairs as well. What in the world did they use to treat your slab with prior to construction?
Luckydawg
Duck South Sponsor

Postby Luckydawg » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:45 pm

They are supposed to return in three weeks. How will they know if they don't start tearing stuff out? I want them to replace the wood. One day I might want to sell and I know it will have to be noted to buyer.

Have no clue what they may have treated it with. Thats why I need some expertise from the brain trust!
www.headcrushercalls.com

Southaven,MS
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:11 pm

First thing I'd ask for is the copy of the pre-treat. If you had a good pre treat and have been under contract there is no excuse for a 6 year old house to have termites. Something's not adding up.
Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
turkeyman
Duck South Addict

Postby turkeyman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:23 pm

The stuff they have been using the last 5-8 years isn't as good as what they used 10+ years ago. You will continue to have problems if they are using the same stuff. I will try and find out what our guy uses. It's bad stuff. The gov has regulated so much now it is hurting the home owner
turkeyman
Duck South Addict

Postby turkeyman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:34 pm

I forgot to answer your ? I own a paint company so we do some termite repairs. 9 out of 10 termite damages are not bad. Usually they just eat the paper off the back of the sheet roc. Usually the studs are fine. You would have to have really really really bad damage for the studs to be in jeopardy. Most will pay but they don't like to pay to have wall cut out or wood replaced.
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:53 pm

Whos the company? If you dont want to say public just PM me. Might be able to help if its the comapny I know.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:53 pm

Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:51 pm

They fixed the damage when mine was under warranty.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”