McDaniel v Cochran - Thoughts

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Re: McDaniel v Cochran - Thoughts

Postby Smoke68 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:21 pm

My ideal candidate is someone who would view being voted out of office a relief rather than a job loss. Career politics is a disease that this country has suffered from.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:05 am

http://news.yahoo.com/mississippi-tea-p ... 00845.html

This is the best they can come up with? Barbour better start lining up Cochran a lobbying job over at Motorola.
How do you like your Hope and Change?
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:26 am

I hope that the reason Cochran has gone so dirty so fast is because his campaign is being run by a bunch of 20 and 30 year olds that have been raised in Clinton/Bush/Obama era national politics wherein the only thing that matters is mud-slinging. It seems that Cochran, being the statesman he is supposed to be, would try to tout his own record, tout his position of seniority and what that means for the state, and would want to debate on the issues that separate the two men.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:31 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:55 am

JDgator
Duck South Addict

Postby JDgator » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:04 am

I know this is a duck hunting forum, but if any of you enjoy snapper fishing, now is a good time to ask your federal politicians about the season restrictions/closure. The Gulf Marine Fisheries Management Council has cut the recreational fishing season down to nothing and giving nearly the entire take over to the organized and financed commercial fishing and restaurant industries. This year, the recreational snapper season is only 11 days. Congress appoints members of this commission. Cochran has historically taken money from the 20-30 gulf commercial fishing entities in exchange for loading the commission with representatives from the commercial fishing sector.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:06 am

If I am not mistaken, what the feds are doing to snapper could be done, in effect, to waterfowl as well if they were so inclined. I know the states set season and bag limits, but it is my understanding that the Feds could essentially prevent killing federally protected migratory birds, like ducks and geese and effectively preempt state law, unless the state could show that the bird taken was a resident bird.

The Fedgov is off the rails right now.
Hambone
Duck South Addict

Postby Hambone » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:15 am

What is the offered justification for the severely restricted snapper season? I know it exists, but haven't investigated the reasons why. Every time I have been out for snapper, it has been like fishing for bedded bream - a bite every time the bait hits the water.
JDgator
Duck South Addict

Postby JDgator » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:21 am

A group of commercial fisherman have effectively argued that it is the recreational sector that is overfishing the red snapper fishery. They found a federal judge who agrees with them. Its something like 20 -30 commercial fishing families blocking every recreational angler in the gulf of mexico.
Hambone
Duck South Addict

Postby Hambone » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:49 am

Why isn't CCA or some other group not howling about this? No lobbying or lawsuits? I would think that as huge as coastal recreational fishing is, there could be a voice that would be heard.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:41 am

Well, things are getting a little more testy between Cochran and McDaniel. This is full blown 'Tea Party' versus Establishment GOP now as well. The MS Tea Party has apparently asked Joe Nosef to step down as the GOP Chairman for MS.
jwayne
Veteran

Postby jwayne » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:02 pm

I dont believe in Senority in public office. To me this this just means you know how to get around the system. Ive also never been one to "get in line" and do whats best for the majority. Im going to vote for who I believe is best. With all this being said, I will vote for Mcdaniel
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:21 am

I wish someone else was running against Cochran. I don't trust McDaniel...think it is past time for Cochran to retire. It would have been nice to see someone like Delbert run against Cochran.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:54 am

Peewee
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:46 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”