Missing plane

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
the tree
Veteran

Missing plane

Postby the tree » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:34 pm

With consideration to the discussion regarding the use of the word "run", any thoughts on the missing 777?
Northbigmuddy
Veteran

Re: Missing plane

Postby Northbigmuddy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:44 pm

Well Sean hannity is convinced it was terrorism. He was badgering Cheney the other night trying to get him to agree it was terrorism. Who knows where that plane ended up. With all due respect to the victims ill bet that plane landed on the island where Jimmy Hoffa, the second gunman on the grass knoll, and Amelia Earhart are sipping Mai tais and playing Yahtzee.
USA Back to Back World War Champs
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:13 am

I think it was terrorism or pilot suicide...and if the former, I am not 100% convinced that the plane did not actually land somewhere.
Laus
Veteran

Postby Laus » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:32 am

I've actually flown Malaysia Airlines on a 777 from LA to Tokyo to Kuala Lumpur. The only time we had any turbulence was over the south china sea. Kind of weirds me out. I had good experiences with them. Not going to fly with them again.
Take it easy and if its easy take it home.
billjohnson
Veteran

Postby billjohnson » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:49 am

I heard this morning that two of the three tracking systems on the plane were turned off. Sounds like it may have gone somewhere besides the bottom of the ocean to me.
BAY KINGFISHER
Duck South Addict

Postby BAY KINGFISHER » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:08 pm

I just find it so odd that in today's world we can lose a plane full of people. But, we can follow the migration of a hen mallard from Canada to the wintering grounds, online........We can follow a tagged bluefin tuna or great white shark migrating, online......We can buy devices like the "Spot" that will send out SOS anywhere in the world with the push of a button. Something isnt measuring up!!
HRCH Mr. Buck's Delta Do "Dee" MH
kevinw
Veteran

Postby kevinw » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:53 pm

Why would they even make it to where the tracking devices can be turned off?
the tree
Veteran

Postby the tree » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:22 pm

Can only imagine the panic the reactivation of the tracking system will create if the plane is airborn.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:47 pm

Read an article today that said the American intelligence community is convinced the plane was taken in an act of piracy and landed somewhere. The engines are built by Rolls Royce and the engines communicate with a satellite constantly sending data for Rolls Royce to review on the engines performance. US agent said the engines continued to communicate with the Satellite for several hours dumping info and they were running.

Saw a show once on the 777 engines and there were some unreal tests that were done before the FAA would allow a plane with only two engines go over the Atlantic or Pacific. I want to say one of the conditions for the plane being approved for trans-continental flight over water was that data was continually transmitted so that if any unknown problem came up with the engine design it could be addressed quickly before one quits mid flight.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:00 pm

deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:52 pm

Ever heard the song by Stephen stills called treetop flyer. This plane will more than likely become a smuggling plane.
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:03 am

Typing on phone sorry for typing problems

To much going on. Climbed to 45k feet? Then dropped to like 23k feet. 2 of 3 boxes were turned off manually within 15 minutes from each other. India saw the flight for seconds on their radar. China raising 9 kinds bc it hasnt been found yet and had a bunch of them on there.

To many people looking at different places without a clue. If the plane hit the water nose diving they are saying it would have syayed together. That ocean is 23k deep and can move things 10 miles under water in minutes. Only certain flights can scan that deep in water to find something, which we are sending over.

Could it have landed on a island. I dont think so. To large and heavy of a plane to make a safe landing. I deal with this all the time with flights. Its harder to land an take off then people think on these size aircrafts. But you never know.
think this was plotted? To see our actual radar and capabilities outside our area. Could be honestly.

india did intercept the plane but contacy was pure static. No communications we actually made then all went silent.

Do they know where the plane actually is and not saying? Like shot down by china or india and no one wants to claim it for retaliations? I mean someone regardless had to pick up a signal in that area of the flight. Origan country military only has a certain distance they were able to track. That was like 1.5 hours after takeoff it was outta their fly zone.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:51 am

If it hit the ocean I would think there has to be some stuff floating around that could be identified with the plane. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see the thing sinking to the bottom holding together like a submarine.

To me there is just to many things that have happened for this to some sort of in air emergency.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:21 pm

Why would you fly a plane for 5 hrs before crashing into the ocean? Trying to hide the wreckage ? Not like ocean is hard to come by around there.
No, i don't want to know you ---- teul

crow
Duck South Addict

Postby crow » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:37 pm

What I worry about is a Muslim terrorists taking the plane (who knows what they will do with the people) and loading either a dirty bomb or nuclear device (if they have have gotten one of the hundreds loose in the world right now...and they are trying) and using it on us or our allies. Sure hope I'm way off.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”