Alpha Burly Sole

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
meddawg
Regular

Alpha Burly Sole

Postby meddawg » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:39 pm

After about 9 years the sole on one my Lacrosse Alpha Burleys came off. The toe is still attached. I took it to a shoe-smith to see about gluing it back on but he said he has not found anything that will hold it together. He thought it must have been attached by heat. Anyone found a way to attach the sole back on the boot? Gorilla glue maybe?
quackerkiller
Veteran

Re: Alpha Burly Sole

Postby quackerkiller » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Gorilla glue oughta more than hold it together! Glob it on there so when you mash the sole on it smushes out, wipe off the extra around the boot, and get ya a couple hundred more miles out of em!
Brandon Thornton

"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.... A guns only enemies, are Obama and rust....."
the doctor
Duck South Addict

Postby the doctor » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:51 pm

They got a super fix for them in the boot department of your local sporting good store.

the doc
country_20boy
Veteran

Postby country_20boy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:30 am

I glued mine back on this year with some epoxy and made it through season but it was coming back off at the end of January.
kb7722
Veteran

Postby kb7722 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:08 am

This reminds me of a friend of mine's dad. He had an old pair of hunting boots that he wore so long that the soles were completely slick. So, he got out his circular saw and cut some grooves in the soles to get a little more life out of them.
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Postby jdbuckshot » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:19 am

glob on some liquid nails, stick it together and pull it back apart. wait until its tacky and stick it back on.
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
country_20boy
Veteran

Postby country_20boy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:34 am

Bonecollecter1111
Duck South Addict

Postby Bonecollecter1111 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:56 am

clean really well and get you some lexol from the hardware store. liquid nail an goriala glue get hard and stiff when set. the lexol stay flexible. also works well on waders that leak.

just my $.02 on it, but if i had got 9 yrs outta set of boots, i would go get me another set :mrgreen:
Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy. -Isaac Newton

The problem with communication is the illusion that it actually happened!
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:27 am

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw
billjohnson
Veteran

Postby billjohnson » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:26 am

Had the sole come loose on my high dollar Irish Setter rubber boots that I was so happy with:(. Didn't expect that after 1 year but shoe goo fixed it right up. Filled it up and put the boot on and put weight on it until it was oozing out around the edges and it is holding up well. Should have know it was gonna happen. The toe was loose around the top of the seam a month after I got them.
MemphisStockBroker
Duck South Addict

Postby MemphisStockBroker » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:51 am

up here in the big city, we have shoe repair stores that will take care of it for $5

:D
Sometimes you just have to close your eyes, count to ten, take a deep breath and remind yourself that you wouldn't look good in prison stripes... and just smile at that dumbass and walk away.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”