Eminent Domain Lawyer

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
swamprooter
Duck South Addict

Eminent Domain Lawyer

Postby swamprooter » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Anybody know a bad booty lawyer i could hire that fights MDOT. Losing my house and turkey call shop to four lane.
"i aint a mindreader, i am just an elf" Silas Robertson
donia
Duck South Addict

Re: Eminent Domain Lawyer

Postby donia » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:24 pm

you're gettin' it from multiple directions, ain't cha???
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:27 pm

Kay Boackle here in Jackson is, from what I hear, a good real estate atty. I've never had to use him, but he's friends with my dad and deals a lot in real estate. if he couldn't help you, he could probably point you in the right direction.
Odis
Veteran

Postby Odis » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:41 pm

PM Sent
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:40 pm

Good luck to you, going to be hard to fight the state.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:56 pm

Every time I hear of an imminent domain case I remember what my Real Estate prof said is college. Say "no, no, no until the steps of the courthouse and then say yes. The best you can hope for is the offer just before entering the court room because the judge will always give less than that." Never been through it so I have no experience. Just remember that quote.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:16 am

Jar of vaseline is cheaper.
deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
swamprooter
Duck South Addict

Postby swamprooter » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:35 am

:lol: you are exactly right Donia!! lost my duck hole and now my house........well none of it will kill me. Got my health and a extra 50 #lbs......thanks guys for advice on PMs
"i aint a mindreader, i am just an elf" Silas Robertson
ms_deer_hunter
Veteran

Postby ms_deer_hunter » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:43 pm

You may be able to have some luck fighting if it where for a developer or business trying to take it, but if the stete wants it for a four lane you are not going to be able to keep them from getting it. Only argument that you may have will be on the value of what you feel it is worth vs. what they say it is worth.

I had a friend and the highway got his place , he came out smelling like a rose. He has a 3 , 1.5 brick built in the late 60's
with a small shop , I would have guessed it was worth 120 on the market, when it was all said and done , I believe he got 193 , for everthing including the what they pay for moving exp ect.

If they paid me 161 % of the value of my place, I would be packing tomorrow
TODO
Duck South Addict

Postby TODO » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:08 pm

I know a little about a lot dealing with MDOT. If its in the proposed right of way then your out of luck, they are gonna take it one way or another. They have to offer you fair market value. They have in house appraisers. IF they lowball you then your remedy is to let jury decide fair market value. You would have to hire your own appraiser. Paul Scott is an attorney in Hernando and does eminent domain almost exclusively. If this is the Hwy 7 expansion there will be a lot of lawsuits out of it I imagine.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”