Decent quality ultralight trigger spin reel?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Decent quality ultralight trigger spin reel?

Postby mfalkner » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:44 am

I've gone to using Light rods for pan fish instead of ultralight because they cast a little better and still give you fun action, but I have a couple of nice UL rods that I'd like to rig up for kids to use when the bream are bedding. I have some cheapy triggerspin reels but they cast about like a snoopy reel.

Any suggestions that won't break the bank?

Mainly just ready for fishing weather....
digger
Duck South Addict

Re: Decent quality ultralight trigger spin reel?

Postby digger » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:27 pm

If you can still find them I had good luck with the rod and reel combo's from Wal-Mart for about $20.I got some shackspear and daiwa that I'v had for several yrs and have more than got my moneies worth.Been looking for some new one's but have'nt been able to find any.I like the trigger reel's better than the small spinning reels.
blgros1
Duck South Addict

Postby blgros1 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:37 pm

I grew up using the brand mini-cast. You can google it. Think they are like 40 bucks maybe. Small easy to use and good for kids and adults.
"I don't know what it is bout this time of year, don't know if my lip is to short or my toof is to long, but poooooo my lips is chap chap" poo poo brousard
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:27 am

Yeah, the combo's are usually worth the $ but now I have good rods from said combos with dead reels. I like the triggers for ultralight, because even kids can manage to cast with them. I'll check out the Mini-Cast brand. The ones I had before were Shakespeare and just didn't hold up.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”