Anybody had luck with whirlpool?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Faithful Retrievers
Duck South Addict

Anybody had luck with whirlpool?

Postby Faithful Retrievers » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 pm

I have a $1000 washing machine 2 years old shot craps and they basically said we hope you pick us on your next purchase. Anyone ever had any luck with their customer service? The guy says its some computer or something that would be to much to fix.
http://www.grizzlyjig.com
"Better to have people think your a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"- Mark Twain
RIP EM
Duck South Addict

Re: Anybody had luck with whirlpool?

Postby RIP EM » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:21 pm

Hey bud,.... whirlpool is like soooo many other brands,... have been bought and sold so many times, theres no way to tell if its actually a whirlpool anymore!

I'm no expert,... but have a good friend who is!
He claims he works on fewer LG brand appliances, than any other!
Says its the old Sears line of appliances! Claims they are built heavier and last longer!
Then when it is time for a repair,... parts are easily found !

Sorry to be of no more help than this! Good luck !

Rip Em !
OFFSEASON ?,..... Ain't no such thing !
wildturkey
Regular

Postby wildturkey » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:49 pm

Had a similar situation with whirlpool except mine was the main bearing for the drum. I could not find the parts or anyone who could fix it. Customer service was no help since warranty had expired a couple months before bearing going out. My suggestion is get away from whirlpool.
“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.”
Winston Churchill
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Bought a whirlpool stove that crapped out after a year.
Greenhead329
Veteran

Postby Greenhead329 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:49 pm

I had to replace every whirlpool appliance in my house within a year.
All I know is... A wise rooster don't bury his head when a chicken hawk is around...he keeps his eyes on his chickens

Dude...Why'd you make the homeless guy pay for supper?
duckter
Duck South Addict

Postby duckter » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:27 am

I recommend going to the forums on www.appliancejunk.com Within the forum, go to Whirlpool - then to washing machines. Amazing how many tech guys are on that sight and can help you. You can also get parts much cheaper than going through Whirlpool or others.

It just may be an easy fix for you. I've repaired our GE dryer twice and our GE Washing machine once - and I am no appliance expert.

Just an option for ye'
Son, be sure to check the oil. The gas will take care of itself. George Carter - Circa 1965
Yazoo Duckman
Veteran

Postby Yazoo Duckman » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:32 am

Barq's
Veteran

Postby Barq's » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:47 am

I have been a maintenance supervisor/technician for years for military housing and apartment complexes....Maytag appliances....if you dont want any issues go with the simple Maytag lines for 20+years of dependable service w things that any man w common tools/sense can actually still fix "if" it breaks....high dollar options for the women that have to have the cats ass appliances....samsung and LG....these are items that it will be to your benefit ti buy the best/longest warranty with.....one board goes out and you have saved money.....
Barq's
Muddy Boots
Veteran

Postby Muddy Boots » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:08 pm

Maytags. They last forever. Stay away from front loader of any brand. They have a short life span it seems, plus just about everyone I've talked to that has one says they have an odor because they don't totally empty out all the water when their finished.
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:37 pm

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:45 pm

^^^yep, we even open the detergent/softener compartment. still had a funky odor about it with just the door open, so started opening the compartment and solved the issue (along w/a cleaning treatment every few months).

stay AWAY from electrolux kitchen appliances..they used to make a great quality vacuum, but that was it.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
mlj300
Veteran

Postby mlj300 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:34 am

Its a sad world we live in when our washing machines have "computer" problems. :?
Only Those Born & Raised in Nort East Mississippi Will Know Exactly What i MeanTo Those Set Adrift Amidst BrokeDick Rednecks,Radical Pentecostalism,Moonshine Bootleggers and PusserMania,There are Two Kings to Choose From-Elvis or Jesus.
-Jimbo Mathus
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:00 pm

Faithful Retrievers
Duck South Addict

Postby Faithful Retrievers » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:19 pm

Went to find a new one, they don't hardly make one that doesn't take 2 hrs to wash and doesn't tear the cloths up that doesn't have a computer board, apparently. I did find a pretty good deal on a LG that had good reviews. I went looked at all the maytags then found out they are owned by Whirlpool.
http://www.grizzlyjig.com

"Better to have people think your a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"- Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion Forum”