DS repping at Chucks. Who did it?!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
matador1
Duck South Addict

DS repping at Chucks. Who did it?!

Postby matador1 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:27 pm

So proud of you! Laying claim to our turf!

Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Re: DS repping at Chucks. Who did it?!

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:06 pm

I bet that was a double take when you saw it.
BR549
Duck South Addict

Postby BR549 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:50 am

I did! Went in there yesterday and thought wonder who in the hell did that!
JMitch
Veteran

Postby JMitch » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:54 am

Somebody who smells like grease and will probably die prematurely of a heart attack after eating those gut bombs
"If its not loaded, its just an expensive stick."
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:24 am

Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:51 am

southdeltan
Veteran

Postby southdeltan » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:09 pm

Duckhunters may be all that's keeping that place in business. Locals dropped it like it was hot when the Henderson's sold out. Now there bees a Subway and an "authentic" Mexican restaurant (not to mention the Church's and the Bumpers - it's amazing - way less people and way more dining options). Plus one of of those Indian gas stations that makes Pizza (and another Indian gas station that may or may not have food...). When I was in HS they used to run everybody out of the parking lot at 12:30am on Fri/Sat. Now it closes before 9pm most nights.
JMitch
Veteran

Postby JMitch » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:20 pm

I'm a local and don't eat there
"If its not loaded, its just an expensive stick."
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:10 pm

Well if all business owners were as nice as Tim's wife is at Chuck's, the world would be a better place.

I used to grab the chicken on a stick at the gas station on the north end but the last time I was in there they were displaying a "C" health department plaque.
ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
mille011
Veteran

Postby mille011 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:35 pm

Agree with Wingman about Tracy...I still frequent it when I go back. To me the burgers and all are still the same since the Hendersons sold, same cooks just different owners. The subway and Mexican are both good too and add a little variety
southdeltan
Veteran

Postby southdeltan » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:18 pm

I totally agree about Tracy. I can't say I've ever seen her without a smile on her face. Most of the business was lost before she took over the front of house, it's actually picked up recently and she has a lot to do with it. Lots of factors contributed to the decline in business, some of which are unfortunate but some are to be expected with all the competition and population decline. There's just not as many people here as there were 15 years ago, but it's sad for me to see the Subway, Mexican and Bumper's parking lot full and Chuck's parking almost empty.

Eric, I don't agree that it's all the same cooks. The few old cooks that are still there work on Saturday from what I've been told. The consistancy (especially in take out) has gone down. I do see a lot more complaints from locals that are still in town and eat there more regularly. I've actually eaten there more in the last 6 months than the previous 4 or 5 years.

Wing, before the Indian family took over the Ricks on the north end of town it used to have a lot of business (this was back when it was basically Chucks, DQ/Churches and the Ricks) but they dropped off a lot. My brother and some other guys at Sander's next door were told by some of the old cooks that they were made to keep breakfast food (eggs/etc) until the next day...

We finally got some pizza from the other Indian place (used to be Dot's/Mickey's/John's - but the black folk call it 7-11) and it was decent. Not as good as Pizza Pro or Flatland but it was worth the money.

I think the biggest local news on the food front is that Amaco (Maranto's) is under new management. At first I was told ownership, but the sign on the door said management. Not sure what that all means but the menu and food is still the same so far.
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:24 pm

It's hard to beat the livercheese sandwich from Delta Grocery in Holly Bluff, though! Since Ike took over the place has bumped up a notch in cleanliness.

― Franklin D. Roosevelt
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:00 pm

Is a froglet a tadpole?

― Franklin D. Roosevelt
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:57 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”