A&E ends suspension

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

A&E ends suspension

Postby Seymore » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:21 pm

A&E blinked. Guess they got the accountant together and figured they would lose more without Phil than with him. Jesse Jackson is up in arms and wants a meeting with A&E and Cracker Barrel. Guess he wants to do one of his famous shakedowns.

A&E had no idea the hornet's nest it stirred when they suspended him. Everything was fine with A&E with the Robertson's showing close family and Christian values on the show. When they acted that way away from the show they got upset. On honestly don't think A&E had any idea of what they were doing. This is such a different animal from anything they have dealt with. They thought the family and Phil would do what was expected and that is to issue and apology and let their PR spin machine try to stop the damage. When Phil said he wasn't backing down and the family said no phil no show A&E was caught.
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/new ... hero_media
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
levi127
Duck South Addict

Re: A&E ends suspension

Postby levi127 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:36 pm

Chapowwwww said the whip!!!
Glad to see the family stick together and show the world they are more then just celebs and a TV show.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:44 pm

It's amazing how little has been said about his "reinstatement". When the story first broke it was everywhere. Now that A&E bailed there's nothing.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:33 am

BOOM
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
bmaskew04
Veteran

Postby bmaskew04 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:35 am

I would like to see the family leave A&E once their contract is up
"Is he really doing snow angels in the parking lot of Flatlands??...
Hail State
the doctor
Duck South Addict

Postby the doctor » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:02 am

simplepeddler
Veteran

Postby simplepeddler » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:07 am

Faithful Retrievers
Duck South Addict

Postby Faithful Retrievers » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:23 pm

I was thinking about this the other day and how surely no executive could be that stupid, but what if we setup an interview in which we know Phil's stance make a big stink and get a ton of press. Boom Phil is reinstated after a ton of publicity for free. Its not that Phil or anyone had to take part. They have another season that's already a wrap. I could be wrong but looking at it from a pure business stand point its logical. All these other reality tv always stir a controversy or a beef between people on the show to grasp people's emotions. I could be wrong they could be some left wing cocksuckers that truly believe that they were right and the masses would stand with them but they were risking a lot for a comment that was pushed way further than what was actually said.
http://www.grizzlyjig.com
"Better to have people think your a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"- Mark Twain
tdaggett
Veteran

Postby tdaggett » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:30 pm

HR Boudreauxs GroceryGrabbn Gator
Boudreauxs Delta Darlin' Duxie
I'll keep my Bible and my guns, Obama can keep the "CHANGE"
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:25 pm

I'm going to disagree with the setting it up theory. Why would anyone want to mess with something that isn't broken? Of course I'm thinking rationally here and nobody said anything about Hollywood being rational. Maybe down the road if they need to inject a little life into it so they can squeeze one more season out of it but why now?

On a side note, I went through Wal Mart the other day to get some wiper blades and passed the ladies undergarments. Just in time for Valentine's Day they have Uncle Si black and hot pink ladies sleepwear.

novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:35 pm

"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
quackerkiller
Veteran

Postby quackerkiller » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:10 am

Welcome back Uncle Phil!
Attachments
Picture.jpg