Question about puppy papers----Update 4/12

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
GreenheadJim
Veteran

Re: Question about puppy papers----Update 2/21 good news- ma

Postby GreenheadJim » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:56 pm

levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:10 pm

Desoto county can leave it on your door, give to your neighbor or any relative they can track down. Trust me I know. I was served a couple of years ago and it was placed on my door and been hanging there for 3 weeks, we dont use front door and it fell between glass door and wood door.
I called constable that served then court house and asked them about this. She explained it very clear to me.
You can postpone court date 1 time up until the time to appear that day. After that you better have a dang good reason you could not be there the 2nd time. 3rd time you are outta luck, it is seen by a judge period and who ever shows up wins the case and what they ask for as long as it is resonable. If they dont show on the 1st time you are in luck! But if you sue them you are responsible for all your own expenses from what the judge told me.
This is straight from desoto county court house

On something like this you want to go for more then what is actually due. Want to put the feer in them that now its gone to next level and you will milk for all it is worth. Worst thing that can happen? They scare off and dont show up, you win, you pay the extra 30.00 to have their work notified and money taken out of their check weekly to pay directly to you. They do show up and fight the case or judge hears both sides and decides how he feel regardless of evidence provided. My judge I had was fair but didnt read really good into everything going on bc he had already done a ton of the inmates before ours.

Trust me you watch how the judge reacts to peoples posture, tone and wordage. Use it to your advantage. Get straight to the point and lay everything out their shortly or loose their attention. Yes or no your honor period on everything.

But I am sure every judge is different, every county might do things different as well. Not 100%. Just telling you what I was told and learned from being in the court room. I wish you the best of luck with everything and hope you hammer this guy and teach him a leason to never forget.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:25 am

Check your pm.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
GreenheadJim
Veteran

Postby GreenheadJim » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:00 pm

Y'all are not going to believe this. The Stud owner got the application this week from the peepee I bought my puppy from, but he didn't include the $31 application fee to AKC. He said he didn't know that he was suppose to pay that. I guess his dumb booty thought AKC would do it for free. The Stud owner said if he doesn't send him the check by early next week that he would pay it. If he has to do that, I'll give him the damn $37. It's not his place. At least he filled them out and has sent them to the stud owner.
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Re: Question about puppy papers----Update 2/28

Postby hillhunter » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:44 pm

I ran into a guy here in Houston on Tuesday afternoon. He had a beautiful black lab he was walking out at the golf course. I asked was he registered and where he got him. He said well my wife got him as a surprise and the guy was supposed to send the papers but has never sent them (dog is almost two), I asked where did she get him. He said New Hope. Guess who it was..... Apparently this isn't this guys first trip down this road, but I would bet that the stud owner of his litter may know nothing of this... I told him your story and he was pissed...
work hard, play hard
GreenheadJim
Veteran

Re: Question about puppy papers----Update 2/28

Postby GreenheadJim » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:37 pm

GreenheadJim
Veteran

Re: Question about puppy papers----Update 4/12

Postby GreenheadJim » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:09 pm

Good news everyone. After months of threats and harassing phone calls, I finally got my papers on my dog in the mail today. I'm glad it's finally done.

I learned my lesson after this deal. I won't make this mistake again.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”