Do I Need to Remove My Duck Commander Sticker Now?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.

Am I Commander Douche?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:48 am

Yes
15%
No
31%
Who cares?
55%

Total votes: 55
booger
Veteran

Do I Need to Remove My Duck Commander Sticker Now?

Postby booger » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:48 am

I admit, I was an early adopter of Phil's "mojo". I bought the "Duckmen of Louisiana" on VHS in 1988 for about $29.99 and just about wore it out. That's 1980's dollars fellars. Still have it. The video store guy was tired of me hassling him, so I paid his price.

I bought some early calls, didn't like them, and I guess that I gave them away because I can't find them anywhere? Probably worth a few bucks now.

I tracked the guy down like a stalker when I went to the "Ducks Unlimited Great Outdoor Festival" in 1999(?) just to talk ducks, public land in Louisiana vs Arkansas etc. Nice guy, he was busy but he had a minute to talk to a groupie. :oops:

So, the question is, in 1997 I put a "Duck Commander" round sticker on my truck, the sticker is still there. In 1997 I don't think anyone noticed or cared, but now, am I a boat ramp douche?

And yes the truck is 16 years old. If someone would make a 2014 extended cab, long wheel base 8ft box, manual transmission with V8, gas burner, carpet delete heavy duty rubber floor, manual windows-locks-mirrors-seats I would buy it.

I would actually prefer it without power steering or power brakes, thus eliminating two more things to go wrong and thus pinch my decoy/ammo budget, but that is impossible.

Topic for another post I 'spose.

I know many on the forum weren't even born in 1988, dang it will suck to be an old douche. You would think the sticker would be faded or have fallen off, but the truck is basically garaged nine months out of the year.

boog - the confused :roll:
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Re: Do I Need to Remove My Duck Commander Sticker Now?

Postby peewee » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:56 pm

A successful Christian man that spears the word. Keep the sticker.
Peewee
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Your truck, your choice.
Long live Phil
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
Long Cut
Veteran

Postby Long Cut » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Keep it.
I laugh when people look at my beard (which for the record is not nearly that of the duckmen) and say " you tryin to be like duck dynasty". To which I respond nope I work for myself and nobody tells me that I need to shave, my wife likes it and by the way I been watching duck commander videos since they were on VHS and Willie was not anywhere around. Most people just say oh I didn't know duck dynasty was that old and I say it's not but the duck commander is.

You do what you want,who gives a rip about a sticker or face paint or a beard or black cloud shells. Don't live your life according to anyone else's standards here on earth.
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:30 pm

Get Phil to sign it. Take off the bumper, back glass, or whatever it's affixed to and sell it in ebay as an "original duck commander sticker". Use the money for more decoys and ammo.
deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:14 pm

Boog - you're just an old 'newbie' like me.

'Only sticker I put on anything was a 6" black DU logo I got at a banquet - I put it on the transom of a mud brown boat so it wouldn't be as conspicuous. You had to look for it or be riding my bumper too close, to see it. 'Sold the boat eventually.

'Engaged Phil in conversation 2 or 3 times......twice @ 2 different GOF's and the last time @ Mack's Grand Opening.

I remember he was off to the side in the call section and I just walked-up and wished him well that season. His response was, "I hope y'all get frozen solid so all the ducks will come to Louisiana." I replied, "yeah, me too......I'm from Mississippi."
We both got a laugh outa that and just talked about duck stuff until somebody else walked-up.

The one thing I always admired about him, (and Tim Grounds, and the Haydels) was that when he was talking with you, he didn't make eye contact with anybody else.....like you were the only other person there. That speaks a lot about a man and how he views others......whether you're a potential buyer or not.

Keep the sticker, Boog. A lot of duck hunting is nostalgia.......especially old stickers.....and cranky old hunters.
"I'd like to be remembered among my closest waterfowling friends (if I am remembered at all) for how I hunted them - not how many I killed" - [Jay Strangis]
Denduke
Duck South Addict

Postby Denduke » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:24 pm

Oh well...lots off us heard the sermon...he's unique.
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh5 ... a0f782.jpg
I just hope all the levee hunters have got the genuine duck commando buckets... :lol:
Dang dem photobucket pics are big...strait phone upload; any solution to sizing?
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:16 am

Keep the sticker. You are a trend setter, not a follower. It is always better to be the dog in front.
Nobody owes you anything.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:37 am

I remember the duck commander video where phil pulls out the deer rifle and bellies up a doe from out of the duck blind. Or the one where he's
advertising for Go-Devil (or mudbuddy can't remember) and is driving across mud flats that don't even look like they have water in them at all, just mud.

Keep your sticker man. If you are worried about what other people think, you should talk to Phil a little more. Maybe he can teach you some leasons.
How do you like your Hope and Change?
quackerkiller
Veteran

Postby quackerkiller » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:01 am

Brandon Thornton

"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.... A guns only enemies, are Obama and rust....."
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Postby judge jb » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:04 pm

i still have a TK and Mike on my 86 chevy van! Bust the Hell out of some Ducks!

judge jb
mlj300
Veteran

Postby mlj300 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:37 am

Keep it, i had the same sticker on a 89 toyota years ago. The only thing that indicates you might be a douche is that you keep such a bad ass truck in the garage 9 months out of the year. You need to keep that beast out and let it run! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only Those Born & Raised in Nort East Mississippi Will Know Exactly What i MeanTo Those Set Adrift Amidst BrokeDick Rednecks,Radical Pentecostalism,Moonshine Bootleggers and PusserMania,There are Two Kings to Choose From-Elvis or Jesus.
-Jimbo Mathus
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:31 pm

This forum never disappoints, I'll keep the thing on there, as long as it hangs on.

The bumper sticker "Will Duck Hunt For Food" Heavy Duty Call Company (Howard Harlan) did fall off of the truck. So that old cliche' is gone.

TK and Mike still have a big cult following judge. Glad to see you post.

I was called a "serious old dude" by two young sports last year. They thought I couldn't hear them as their outboard motor was running. I guess that's a compliment :?: :D
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:34 pm

"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero

Return to “General Discussion Forum”