Be respectful on Public Land

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Re: Be respectful on Public Land

Postby LODI QUACKER » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:16 pm

That doesnt take but one guy sitting in the truck watching. You come back and pick him up before or just after shooting hours start. Then you know who gets to replace thos 20 inch tires before they can hunt the next day!
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Trip
Duck South Addict

Postby Trip » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:24 pm

We weren't in the boat when it happened.
Josh Lantrip
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:44 pm

RiverDuck
Duck South Addict

Postby RiverDuck » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:59 pm

Trip,

I dont think anybody really feels sorry for what happened to the dude, he now knows not to MF'er a complete stranger in the dark with weapons involved. We are just worried that hanging with the guy that did this could lead to future trouble for you. This could have got real bad real quick for everyone involved.

I have had my fair share of "my duck hole" confrontations over the years, and I can assure you that cooler heads always prevail. Killing ducks isn't worth some of the implications that could come from these type scenarios. Good luck this year, and be safe!
Trip
Duck South Addict

Postby Trip » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Josh Lantrip
CBrown
Veteran

Postby CBrown » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:50 pm

I would not of hit the dude over being called a MF'er, but Jive Turkey, now that's another story!
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:12 pm

I ain't ever been pissed off enough to hit a man with a damn paddle, but if I ever do; I sure as hell wouldn't want one of my "friends" runnin' around tellin' the whole world about it.
deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
wildturkey
Regular

Postby wildturkey » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:01 pm

If this guy did require stitches and showed up in the ER they are going to ask him what happened. When he says "I got whacked with a boat paddle" the ER staff called the law and reported it. If it was bad as you say then a report is filed and the LEO'S are going to looking for your buddy.
You may have won the battle but probably lost the war cause I would not show up to that spot again, either the a LEO or a redneck out for revenge is going to be waiting for you.
“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.”
Winston Churchill
Trip
Duck South Addict

Postby Trip » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:56 pm

Then I guess snitches really do get stitches.

Bringing the law into this would be a pretty chicken move on dudes part. It's handled now.
Josh Lantrip
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Good grief....you boys are lucky you didn't end up in a shootout.
sadie1
Veteran

Postby sadie1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:16 pm

There is no way that a man gets hit in the face with a paddle and doesn't either fight, one of his buddies fight back, seek revenge somehow, or tell on you. Something is going to give on this story. Either you have exaggerated the story, or there is going to be more to follow. Someone is going to jail or the hospital with a serious injury, or their truck is goin to get blown up, all over land that none of you own. Doesn't sound like you tried to diffuse the situation when they first came in. If you would have shown a little more respect, they probably would have been unhappy, but moved on none the less. Patronizing someone doesn't usually help make people walk away. This sounds like the ebt card deal in Walmart a few weeks ago. Chaos. I don't really have an opinion on the draw hunts because I don't hunt public land, but deals like this make me understand why states would do it.
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Im still trying to figure out what kind of a MAN would blind side someone with a paddle? Or even pick one up instead of square off. Ok they had words and so on. But to pull something like that and think he will get away with it. We know he was running his mouth and so on over a duck hole.

To me thats a coward p*@#y. I said it and will anytime in a situation like that. If he doesnt like I said that then PM me and I will give him my number and whatever else he needs to get a understanding of why I am saying that.

Also it seems like you are bragging over all this and funny that it happened. I thought higher of you then this trip. Ive talked with you a couple of times in the past at different events and meeting. Never struck me you would honestly be like this.

I wish you the best and hopefully you dont get brought into all this more then you are already. Hate it if you have to turn your BUDDY in becuase you ran your mouth on a open forum for thousands to see.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:13 am

"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)
timberjack
Duck South Addict

Postby timberjack » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:53 am

Sounds like the guy got what he deserved. If ya'll can honestly sit there and say that you would let a guy come in there, get in your face and call you a MF'er and you wouldn't retaliate then you've obviously never been in that situation. You do things under stress when you feel threatened that maybe you wouldn't normally do. I imagine that everybody involved wishes now that they'd handled it differently but I can guarantee you this much, that crew won't be back. Sounds like somebody called the bully's bluff.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”