Need some ideas

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Jumpem
Regular

Need some ideas

Postby Jumpem » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:24 pm

So I have family land near coldwater, ms that I have had for years and have always thought about flooding one certain field that is very close to some public land where I duck hunt. This field is normally planted in cotton or corn and has no irrigation system. The field is "levee'd" up so to speak as in it has high turnrows around it. I know absolutely nothing about this so where do I start if I want to turn this into a duck hole? Id rather use some type of riser board/culvert than have a well drilled. I know there are probably a lot of answers to this question but I'd appreciate any advice.
Jumpem
Regular

Re: Need some ideas

Postby Jumpem » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Nobody?
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Yep, get a flash board riser and wait for the rains. If it has built up turn rows, or pads as they are sometimes called, then it has probably been land formed and all your water will drain to one end.
ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:13 pm

It would suprise me if it has been land formed and does not already have a well on it. May just have permanent turn rows and maybe not raised ones? For sure if field drains in one direction then you are in business even if turn row needs to be raised.
Are we gonna get wet?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”