Prayers for the dog....

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jkb87
Duck South Addict

Prayers for the dog....

Postby jkb87 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:50 pm

Taking her to Hattiesburg tomorrow for a cat scan to distinguish between a stroke or brain tumor.

Tough situation. Anyone ever dealt w this before?
If it wasn't for bad luck then i would have no luck at all........

"Its hard to be cool when your battery is dead." Anatidae at the boat ramp with a dead battery.

IN MEMORY OF #10

SCOTT LlOYD

1/8/92-4/5/08
Barq's
Veteran

Re: Prayers for the dog....

Postby Barq's » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:15 pm

Last 2 labs I know of that went to Hattiesburg didn't fair out well....Seems like cancer is becoming more of a problem with dogs for some reason...I hope it turns out well and will say a prayer....
St.
Odis
Veteran

Postby Odis » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:03 pm

I had one with a brain tumor, on brain stem, like someone said, very tough situation, I had it treated but not sure if I'd do it again, treatment (I think) worked but he died about 8 months later in a wierd way, there was something else wrong but we don't know what it was. I'm so sorry for your situation, if you want to know how I dealt with it, send a pm, too many have judged what I did as foolish, but I honestly believe I had it under control, most people I've talked to said I was an idiot but you get WAY too attached, they're great animals, I hope I'm wrong but ill probably be dealing with a similar situation in a couple of years, all I know to say right now is I'm sorry and hope its not what you think
Odis
Veteran

Postby Odis » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:04 pm

Prayers sent
maggiedog
Veteran

Postby maggiedog » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:59 pm

My 12 year old had a stroke , or that's what the VET compared it to. She recovered but her balance isn't so good and she has a constant held tilt. I unloaded her from the truck and she had a blank stare on her face and wasn't focusing on anything. Vet said that her eyes were darting from left to right and a very quick speed and said it would quit over time. It took about a week and she snapped out of it so to say. Needless to say she is done going to the field, but she had her time.
jkb87
Duck South Addict

Postby jkb87 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:10 am

Thank you for sharing. Makes me feel better knowing others have went through this. Will know something today and we post. Thanks again for the stories. That helps.

"Its hard to be cool when your battery is dead." Anatidae at the boat ramp with a dead battery.

IN MEMORY OF #10

SCOTT LlOYD

1/8/92-4/5/08
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Postby jdbuckshot » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:54 am

Good luck with your Dog.
Mine first lab that I bought when I was a freshman in college is 11 years old. she is going down hill pretty fast. she is almost 100% deaf.

to bad they don't live as long as we do, they are a blast.
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
jkb87
Duck South Addict

Postby jkb87 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:57 am

just an update.......

cat scan said no tumor, doc said she had horners syndrome, a conidition caused by an infected nerve that infects other nerves. side effects include losing ability to use left side of mouth and coordination. so she was put on meds, should be a close to if not full recovery, and perhaps a hunt or two this season.

thanks for the help to those that did so.

IN MEMORY OF #10

SCOTT LlOYD

1/8/92-4/5/08
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:45 pm

Glad things worked-out, Justin.
"I'd like to be remembered among my closest waterfowling friends (if I am remembered at all) for how I hunted them - not how many I killed" - [Jay Strangis]
Barq's
Veteran

Postby Barq's » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:08 am

Good deal....glad to hear it....will keep praying

Return to “General Discussion Forum”