got to love Game Wardens

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Re: got to love Game Wardens

Postby Seymore » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:39 am

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:46 am

dont plug on your choke,

i mean, tug on your plug.

I mean choke on your plug.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:02 pm

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
Down South Gratton
Veteran

Postby Down South Gratton » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:24 pm

So here is the most up to date info on my ticket I got. I went to the police office to pay the ticket. I found out that the GW didn't know but I have to go to court. He said the ticket was pay able before hand. I also found out that the GW wrote down the wrong time for my hear with the judge or he entered it wrong into the system. So if I hadn't tried to pay the ticket I wouldn't have shown up on the right date and time for my court date and a search warrant would have been posted for me not showing up. Then I asked if the gun could be presented in my case to show what the GW did when he checked my gun using ammo they said no. So I'm going to my court hearing now and I'm not going to pled either way and tell my story and leave it up to the judge. Wish me luck
Rack em and stack em boy's
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:24 pm

As the World Turns.

Next up.... GH22 on Ellen for his coming out the closet speech.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
Bercy
Veteran

Postby Bercy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Isn't there a scene in My Cousin Vinny about trying to explain things and not pleading guilty or not guilty?

Judge Chamberlain Haller:
The next words out of your mouth better be guilty or not guilty. I don't want to hear commentary, argument, or opinion. If I hear anything other than guilty or not guilty, you'll be in contempt. I don't even want to hear you clear your throat. Now how do your clients plead?

Vinny Gambini:
I think I get the point.

Judge Chamberlain Haller:
No, I don't think you do.
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:21 pm

How'd it go, DSG?
ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
Down South Gratton
Veteran

Postby Down South Gratton » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:03 am

My court hearing isn't till Dec... So I have a while to wait
Rack em and stack em boy's
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:27 am

You see Judge, What had happened Was ;-)
Peewee
ibillfish
Regular

Postby ibillfish » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:28 am

Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:05 am

I've never been to court to contest a ticket but I think I would be asking what additional cost, if any, is possible for contesting the ticket. I would think if you win there's probably nothing. If you lose what is court cost and all that going to run on top of the ticket..

Dude, I don't know you but you sound like someone who honestly had no idea about what was required equipment and what the legal requirements are to duck hunt. I can empathize with you. It sucks. You were doing the right thing not loading a 4th and probably had no idea the gun would even do that. Then you get hit with something like this. All that said you need to just pay the ticket and chalk it up as a learning experience. I can assure you this will not be the first time or the last that the officer or the judge has herd this. If you think about it you'll see he had to give you a ticket and the judge will have to rule against you. If they didn't then every shotgun in every duck blind in America will have a plug that's to short and would allow 3 2&3/4 shells and only 2 3inch shells. And every duck hunter would say the same thing when the law arrived and in front of the judge. All that after they dumped the 2&3/4 over the side.

I was in a similar situation when I was in college. I was coming onto interstate from the ramp and had not even shifted all they way to high gear. Right then a semi went by that had to be doing 90. A highway patrolman was going he opposite way and hit the blue lights and turned in the median. I thought great, that idiot trucker is going to get it. WRONG. He pulled me over. He walks up and asks if I had any idea how fast I was going. I said about 40 and started laughing. He then asked if I was drunk or was I being a smart butt. I told him no and thought exactly like you, all I had to do was explain this to him. My girlfriend, wife now, was in the truck with me and told the officer the same thing. He clocked the semi and not me. It didn't matter one bit. It sucked and I was ticked for a week about it but still had to pay it.

Take all this for what it cost you, nothing. Just my opinion and advice. I'm an idiot and don't know what I'm talking about. So say the 5 females I live with.

jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:41 am

According to what I was told one time by a lawyer friend of mine, if you contest the ticket and lose, then you have to pay the fine. If you contest the ticket and win, then you don't have to pay anything. My suggestion? Contest it and see what happens. Then, come onto ducksouth and tell all of us what happened. Inquiring minds want to know. 8)
Nobody owes you anything.
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:00 am

rustypjr
Duck South Addict

Postby rustypjr » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:29 am

use an over and under, end of story.
Rusty Parsons
peewee