Lady Madison Day 3 with Rob R.

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Lady Madison Day 3 with Rob R.

Postby RedEyed Duck » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:40 pm

November 19 - Day #3
Temp – 42 low, 64 high, Wind – none at sunrise 1-3 MPH out of the South later on
Location – Duck Swamp
Hunters – Lee, Mark, Kevin and his daughters Gracie and Claire, Todd, Todd, Kenny and myself

We started off slower today (the day before our club was done by 8 AM). We had twenty ducks by 8 AM on this day. We had some cloud cover roll in which typically hurts and with it being a Monday there was not much hunting pressure to keep the birds moving. We did not get the big groups of teal as we normally do opening week. As they say, good things come to those who wait. The bigger birds came to the woods after 9 AM, right after the sun came back out. We limited out with fifty four birds and 10 of the last 12 we were able to pick out all drake mallards. The other two were gray ducks.

Lee always has coins made up for his first hunts and he gave a coin to everyone he hadn’t hunted with yet this year. Kevin’s daughters were a joy to have in the blind. They too are growing up fast and are beautiful. Kevin is going to have lots of boys knocking on the door.

It is a good thing my boys had school, because I’m not sure how much they would have paid attention to the ducks. I guess there are some things in life more important than duck hunting – God, family and the friendships along the way, but I would have to put opening weekend right after those.

Rob R.

I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”