SWAT police

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
sevenhead
Veteran

Re: SWAT police

Postby sevenhead » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:16 am

LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:53 am

Here is a little something for you folks to "consider"

The brainwashing seems to be strong is certain types of people.

http://apainfultruth.com/the-issues/no-knock-warrants/
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:10 am

How do you like your Hope and Change?
kris Schaumburg
Veteran

Postby kris Schaumburg » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:23 am

I found it far more interesting that he had a pistol and was awaken nude in the middle of the night, they were in full body armor, and he wounded 6 and killed one with 31 rounds.

They fired 251 rounds out of mps with barrel mounted lights and lazers, years of special training, and were prepared for the situation when they went. hire that dude, and lower your payroll by 10 swat officers.
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:33 am

He was ex military, served overseas, he knew what he was doing. I don't think that type stuff has any business in the hands of the cops. Our troops are doing this type stuff in a war zone and we got the damn police doing over here for soem petty ass pot or something. They need their asses handed to them if they bust in on somebody like that and start shooting dogs and people just cause they can cause they are the "Po-Lice"

I don't like the whole institution of law enforcement, it started out great and served it's niche well, but today it has gotten out of hand. Not saying I don't like a person because they are a LEO, I just don't like the job they do. When have the police ever helped/benefetied any of you in preventing a crime/ stopping a crime or anything???
They respond to them. Snot has been getting stuff stolen weekly it seems and they haven't done $#!+ to help him
MemphisStockBroker
Duck South Addict

Postby MemphisStockBroker » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:07 am

Things like this concern me.... allot. What would one of us do in this situation ?
Front door busts open, dog gets shot, we return fire at the intruder. They happen to be the police.

A homeowner who kills someone he reasonably believes is a burglar breaking into his home is eligible for the death penalty if it turns out the person is actually a police officer lawfully entering the home pursuant to a no-knock warrant

Fair v. State, Ga: Supreme Court 2010 "This is the second interim appellate review of two related cases in which the State seeks the death penalty. See Fair v. State, 284 Ga. 165 (664 SE2d 227) (2008). Antron Dawayne Fair and Damon Antwon Jolly are co-indictees who were originally charged with one count of malice murder and three counts of felony murder in connection with the shooting death of Bibb County Deputy Joseph Whitehead while he was on assignment as an investigator with the Middle Georgia Drug Task Force. The State contends that both defendants opened fire on Deputy Whitehead as he and other members of the Task Force and the Bibb County Drug Unit were executing a 'no-knock' warrant in the early morning hours of March 23, 2006."

I am NOT here to knock the LEO's working the streets. This comes from the leadership deciding these types of actions are warranted. It seems like it puts the LEO's and the general population both at risk.

Could there be a better way ?
Sometimes you just have to close your eyes, count to ten, take a deep breath and remind yourself that you wouldn't look good in prison stripes... and just smile at that dumbass and walk away.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:48 pm

How about this one for an "extreme show of force".

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/to ... ggles.html
How do you like your Hope and Change?
ducks_inc
Regular

Postby ducks_inc » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:39 pm

Among the new, tough-minded law-enforcement measures included in this campaign was the no-knock raid—a policy that allowed drug cops to break into homes without the traditional knock and announcement
If you wake somebody from a deep sleep by bashing their door open in the middle of the night this no knock policy is going to get someone hurt (as shown)... More often the person just woken up disoriented and under the impression they're under attack.
There's got to be a better way.
This was a good article. Opens up a lot for discussion.
GREENHEADMAN
Veteran

Postby GREENHEADMAN » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:50 pm

In my opinion as a LEO and as a SWAT Team member, time was on law enforcements side. There was no need to rush this situation. They were acting on a tip from a ex- girlfriend, in which the tip may or may not have been valid. I believe there were several other available options, than a no-knock warrant.
RDB
Veteran

Postby RDB » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:15 am

Walk a mile in a man's shoes before you judge him. Getting shot at is no fun, no fun at all. I speak from experience. SRT was activated and the suspect came out alive and went to treatment because he/she was considered 'mental". We did our job and nobody was hurt but I was still shot at by a mental suspect, a person who didn't care whether I lived or died. I'm pretty sure those of you that are saying this should have happened, they should of handled it this way, they could have done this would surely would feel differently if the lead was flying in your direction.

SWAT or SRT are not trained and instilled to kill or harm anybody but they are trained to defend themselves and the lives of the innocent should the need arise. Criminals, mental patients and nearly anybody else have access to guns whether purchased legally or not. The smart criminals do their homework and train at ways to outsmart law enforcement just as law enforcement trains to do their job.

Get shot at and I'm certain you will have a different attitude.
Justice --- When you get what you deserve
Mercy ----- When you don't get what you deserve
Grace ----- When you get what you don't deserve
GREENHEADMAN
Veteran

Postby GREENHEADMAN » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:19 am

Amen RDB
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:52 pm

There will be a day....
MemphisStockBroker
Duck South Addict

Postby MemphisStockBroker » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:12 pm

Sometimes you just have to close your eyes, count to ten, take a deep breath and remind yourself that you wouldn't look good in prison stripes... and just smile at that dumbass and walk away.
MrGoodtime
Veteran

Postby MrGoodtime » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:05 pm

RDB, please dont take this personally..., but if ANYONE bust down my door in the middle of the nite, you you can bet your ass i'm not gona be worried if you live or die!!, in fact, i'm gona do my best to make damn sure whoever it is dies.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:38 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”